Hysterectomy Community
endometrial polyp detected after biopsy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

endometrial polyp detected after biopsy

I'm having an LAVH next week. Today, I had an endometrial biopsy done before having the ultrasound done, simply because the staff messed up. My doc was frustrated, but still did the ultrasound. After the ultrasound, my doc said I had a polyp. I forgot to ask her if the biopsy would still show any cancer cells if she didn't actually biopsy the polyp. She had said that if cancer was found they would do the hysterectomy differently. If the biopsy is negative, do I need to ask her if it was accurate since she may not have gotten tissue from the polyp? Is the LAVH safe if cancer is present? Can they test the polyp for cancer after the hysterectomy or do they need to know before hand. Thanks.
Tags: polyps
Related Discussions
599170_tn?1300977493
hi there, welcome to our forum,

Did your Dr. reassure you that 99% of polyps are infact beginine? The biopsy of the endometrial tissue will be accurate. Am I correct that your Dr did not inform you if the endo biopsy was neg or pos? Call find out...!!!!!!!! Think how relieved you will be,

I wish you the best and honestly your probably gonna be smiling after that phone call, odds are on your side.

I am not a Dr. but he may reconsider the LAVH depending on location of fibroid, if other organs are involved and its size. Yes they can and will test the poly post hysterectomy for cancer,,infact all tissue removed from you will be tested. So please rest assured on that point.:0)

A LAVH is a safe procedure..its better than having a transabdominal..scar across belly. There is a new method thats considered the least invasive with quickest healing time. It is the DaVinci Robotic hysterectomy. Read up on it , or if you have any more questions we are here for you !

cherie
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank