Hysterectomy Community
estreva gel 0.1%
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

estreva gel 0.1%

Hello to all and Happy New Year.

I had a hysterectomy some 12 years ago at age 29 and have been menopaused since then.  I have given up on HRT as i never found the 'right' medicine that works for me.  

Today, i have Hashimoto's which is a form of hypothyroid and my endocrinologist has strongly advised me to take HRT.  I had already tried Estreva gel 0.1% last year, but coincidentally, when i first started applying the gel as advised, i had terrible abdominal cramps (like labour cramps) and stopped the medicine after a few days of pain.  My OB/GY told me there was NO WAY Estreva gel could be the problem and that anyway i couldn't possibly have abdominal cramps as i haven't got a uterus anymore.  Confusing, but still, i never took the medicine again........ and the pain was gone.  To this day, i still don't know if i just had a stomach bug or if the cramps were a side effect from taking Estreva.

I have been taking Estreva, again, for 3 weeks now (since my endocrinologist strongly advised me to and reassured me that it would be ok!).  First 2 weeks on a low dose and i was fine besides tender breasts for a few days.  I have increased the dose on the 3rd week (29th December) and started having the most painful lower back pain on 31st December.  I can barely move, it feels like i pulled my back muscles but i know i didn't, it radiates to my sides (almost like constipation pain but i'm not constipated) and down to my legs; no over-the-counter pain killers help.  I have VERY sensitive kidneys and i cannot tell if it's my lower back or my kidneys hurting so bad.  One thing for sure: Estreva gel is the only new medicine i'm taking and nothing else has changed in my diet and medicine taking.  

I would like to know if any of you have had similar problems with this medicine.  The information i found on the gel doesn't mention anything about back pain but we're human so it could still be.  I'm confused and not even sure i should go to the GP as i have NO IDEA if the two are related.  

Thank you for your help.  Anyone suffered the exact same problems with this medicine?