Hysterectomy Community
harvesting eggs after partial hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I am having a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks but the ovaries will be left in tact.  Is it possible to harvest eggs post hysterectomy for futue furtilization and implantation into a surrogate?
Very intersesting question. I'm not sure about this so I'll do some research for you. The best thing to do is ask your Dr. Can you tell us why your having the surgery? If it's something you could put off for a couple of months they would be able to collect eggs. I would think you would have to go through a cycle and ovulate.
We'll get back to you and hopefully be able to give you an answer to your question. Take care. Remar