Hysterectomy Community
how will i feel after the procedure??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

how will i feel after the procedure??

A little about me I am 35
i have had pain for over 2 mths and before  that it was about 6mths . I have tubes tied after the twins . they are 12 there has been irregular peri.ods and bad pms two weeks before for the last 2 years there has been a changes I found a obgyn verses family dr .Had a ulta sound  She stated it was a ruptered cyst. as well as numerous fibroids but stated that they are with in normal size . I have started birth contol pills for  6 mths now . the pain kind of let up  but still would throb with exersise. and last month it seems to be a stronger pain . i am on tylenal with codine but makes me tired when at work i seem to put my self last i just deal with that naggy pain on the left side it some times cramps after sex it feels like menstral cramps . Also low back pain and frequent  uti I have had 3 sence dec .
I have been diagnosed with ibs and divecilitis .went yesterday for another ultrasound the nurse sayed no cysts but states my tubes are not as flexable and the fibroids may be causeung the pain so i go back next wed for a apt to see the dr . My question is How can i ask the seriousness i want something done . I have been out on web med also and alot of symtoms (symptoms) are the same for endometris. I am so not looking forward to keep takeing birth control pills and a watchful eye ... I want my life back I have no energy and im pain constantly .It hurts to walk my dog around the block. went for my follow up fibroids have grown  and enarged abdomin (abdomen) I i am schduled for a hysterectomy via robot she states that i will stll have my overies. on july 8 my question is will there be serius side affects . Some of the posts are scarring me . but i knoow every one is different ?
hi welcome to the forum Hope I can help !! rupterued cyst from where? Ovary..that is usually soooo painful most land in er...normal size fibroids does not mean no need for concern..she just means they are not so big they are endangering surrounding organs,,,fibroids can do some strange things..glad yours are in normal range.

I hate to say it but often the BC pills are like a bandaid fix works for a bit or not at all. Yes the drs do give the narcotic pain meds cause you really need them, its often the only way to treat such pain, but keep in mond your just masking the pain and narcotics can be addictive,,,also as you said makes you tired ( can be good at night !!!) not so much in day.

I will tell you what a good Dr friend told me once may sound harsh but its true..You can not be the best Mom you can be, the best spouce you can be, the best friend, employee, etc....unless your kind to yourself and keep yourself happy...if mamma aint happy nobodys happy....your health is top priority for now ok!!

utis normally uncommon for you?  the diverticulitis they told you no seeds, nuts corn right? IBS in same area of gyn problems but a whole different system these 3 diseases are excretaory system.

I deal with the reproductive system...so you may wish to post about the other issues on uro/gyn or IBS forum to get some good info about that...I know some but much more about the hyster issues, and female problems,,it is quite likely they are connected..ie...my hyster my ovary was attached to my bowel with endo tissue.

My personal opinion is pelvic or transvaginal ultrasounds are not very good diagnostic tests for cysts..they couldnt even find my ovary once on one and Im a thin girl.  A diagnostic laproscopy or a colposcopy is much better physician can actually view internal organs. Endometriosis can be definatley diagnosed this way.

You are getting the VERY number one BEST form of a hysterectomy that exsists. I had that kind you will heal quicker, bleed less have much smaller scars.what they can do via Da Vinci is remarkable very precise incisions (small) and cauterisations,,,much less need for sutures,,no staples ever.

Still having ovaries is very good means no instant menopause ! Alot of the posts on here are well..just different...I answer all honestly cause thats what you all deserve..
When you wake up you will be on a IV drip with pain meds...they will probably have your legs wrapped in velcrov leg device that is hooked to machine at end of bed it goes on and off regularly it give your legs a gentle squeeze prevents blood clots...You will have a tube like device with a ball in it anesetesia will show you how to use keeps lungs strong post op...Most likely day 1 after surgery they will get you up in chair..day 2 you will be walking hall (yup it hurts ) its for your own best though ! the longer inactive the harder it is to get up and walk. You will likely go home day 3 depends on insurance

the risks of serious side effects are much less with DaVinci..Your very right everyones anatomy is different and everyones tolerance to pain is different.

My very best advice when you get home follow those post op directions to a t,,,doing nothing for 2 weeks means just that literally...couch time,,,stock up on movies books etc..big problem can prevent speak w dr pre op ask about stool softner...narcotics will 4 sure bind you up you do not want to strain w a bowel movement after a hyster..especially w your bowel issues..no laxatives Please ask dr its important.

then the usuall no sex avoid stairs no lifting excessive bending etc...

Im going to send you a brief pm Ok?

Im going to send you a brief pm Ok?