Hysterectomy Community
hyst and weight gain....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hyst and weight gain....

hi, i had a radical hyst in 2006 and gained 30pounds in 1 month...it is now 2012 and have only lost 5 lbs...is there anything that can help with this post hyst weight gain?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Were you placed on hormone therapy after the surgery? You might want to get your thyroid tested to see if it's functioning properly. If it's not, this can cause weight gain and it can be hard to lose weight also.
Blank
i have hypothyroidism. So, I know how tyroid can affec that. But my levelsare good...o stll trying...lipden has helped in the past...but dont want to spnd money...
Blank
Are you seeing an Endo Dr to be treated for your thyroid? Are they testing not only your TSH but, also your FT3, FT4 and antibodies?
Blank
Sorry about that. I pressed the reply button before I finished. I've never heard of Lipden. If you can't afford it you might try contacting the company that makes it. Some times you can get the med at a reduced rate or for free depending on your income.
Blank
hi, yes, my endo nchecks all levels possible, andf they are normal....the lipoden is a fat burner...mainly you get it at a weight loss clinic.....i am going to sdtart that regimen this week...so we will see how it goes....
Blank
Please let me know how things go.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979