Hysterectomy Community
hysterectomy and your period ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

hysterectomy and your period ?

can you still have a hysterectomy done if you get your period at the time of your hysterectomy ?
Yes...regardless ..they take everything out anyway your uterus, ovaries and cervix UNLESS yours is not a radical hysterectomy just partial that's different story.
Sunes.
im getting a tah , on the 17th of june , and i think im suspose to get my period also at that time . umm as far as my ovaries i think he is leaving them i know i have multi cysts on my right ovary so if he think its not good he will take that one and leave my left one in . ive also told him ide rather leave one ovary in because im only 31 and i rather not go through menapause at that age . and if theres something wrong with that other ovary ill deal with ti later and get through this fine ! and thank you for responding to my post !
It doesn't matter that you may be having your menses, atleast I cannot think of a reason that it would.  You don't have your ovaries out unless the doctor has ordered a oophorectomy with the removal of your uterus(hysterectomy).  
It doesn't matter...I was on my period and they said it was fine.  When I went thru the prep at the hospital, they gave me a monster pad with mesh panties (they are just easy tear away panties) and let me keep a tampax in as well.  They said they would take care of it after I was out.   They said that happens all of the time and really put me at ease.   Good Luck...I am 4 weeks post op and feeling good now and better each day...I just rest when I need to.