Hysterectomy Community
knee pain, and swelling/after a complete hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I had my Surgery in 9-2-12..I had endomitriosis, and had a side to side complete hysterectomy, 8 weeks after I started holding water, when it finally got better, about 7 days, my right knee was stiff...it continued to get worse, than 2 weeks later it went into my left knee, was unable to walk, Knee Dr took x- rays and testes for RA, thyroid..at that time they gave me cortisone shots in each knee, with in 24 hours., I was pain free, and living again, lost 7 lbs, of the 30 i had gained since surgery, now 4 weeks later, right knee is real bad again, and left is just starting...I am 43 and was in really good shape. now i can not work out, stairs suck!!! has anyone had any of this happen?? I want my life back!! I want to go back to work, Im scarred the DR's are missing something...Please any help would be so much appreciated, I can not do hormone treat because of the Endomitriousis, my Dr put me on Prozac, but the knee stuff already had started, before i went on that, I was on Zoloft for 15 yrs prior to Prozac..
Avatar dr f tn
The knee pain may not be related to the hysterectomy or to the endometriosis per se. Hence you need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for an evaluation. Massage, diathermy and physiotherapy may be of help. CT scan and MRI may be necessary to make the diagnosis. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.