Hysterectomy Community
no feeling well

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

no feeling well

I had hyst. 2 mo ago, this isnt my first surgery of a similar nature, I had an ectopic pregnancy reconstructive surgery and an ovary removed.  I thought I would respond in a similar fashion to this hysterectomy but that is not the case, though I understand the menopausal symptoms, I just dont feel very well, I dont know how else to dscribe it, its fatigue but it doesnt feel normal, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced an ODD unwell feeling
Were you put on HRT's after your hysterectomy? If not you probably talk to your doctor about them. I had mine done in July of 07 and have felt great since having it done. I am taking an HRT for now and plan to stay on it for Approx. 2 years. At that time I will decide if I need to continue on them or go off. If you had both ovaries removed then you maybe in serious need of some hormones.
thanks for the reply, yes im on a low dose of estrogen only, ive been taking it for three weeks now, maybe it just hasnt quite kicked in.  It truelly has to be hormone related because this is not something i  have ever experienced. Im really active and eat pretty good, I gueuss it just takes awhile. i didnt know if I should contact my doc or not
If it has been two months since the hysterectomy, you are at the point where the progesterone and testosterone have just about completely left your system. It takes about three months...whereas the estrogen goes out sooner and you should get some symptom relief from the estrogen you are taking, unless it is a synthetic which I have never used. I know that not all women's systems do not do all that well with the synthetics (like Premarin).

Take a look at my profile if you want. I have had tremendous help from using the bioidentical hormones, but will say that when I added the progesterone (not progestin) I have a life changing experience. Had not felt that well in years and years (obviously missing it during perimenopause....low to no progesterone). But, you have to research this so you don't get a blank stare by doctors not familiar with Bioidentical progesterone. I have been asked why I thought I needed it since I did not have a uterus...I knew there and then that I needed to talk to another doctor about this. They thought I mean Provera...yuk. No. I wanted what my body made for years and years and I wanted to balance out the little bit of estrogen I was using, too. And,...thank goodness for the testosterone....does more than help with libido.

I have to go to bed....I am a night owl but have to get up very early. I will check posts tomorrow.

Mary
thanks i will ask my doctor about that, i just logged on so i will look at your profile now. what about the increased risk of breast cancer?