Hysterectomy Community
orgasm after hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

orgasm after hysterectomy

I understand that during extreme sexual arousal the uterus erects and contracts and contains nerves that affect arousal.  Can I have "deep pelvic orgasm" without my uterus.  Does the surgeon sew together the area of the neck of the uterus?  How can I tell if my vaginal nerves or deep vaginal muscles have been affected?  I can not picture my own anatomy now.

Hi and welcome,

Hope to be of some help your questions are good ones, Yes during orgams the uterus does play a powerful part, these types of orgams are described by most as the most intense.Not all women are able to achieve this, or need to learn to.

With that being said the fact is, it is what it is. When we get a hysterectomy the uterus is of corse removed, usually with the cervix but not always. Sometimes the tubes and ovaries too , but again not always.
Your having uterus and cervix removed so yes surgeon will sew the area of tissue shut inside vagina where the cervix would end in the large cone shape, this will be called the cervical "cuff" .

Your vagina is going to remain the same, your anatomy w/o uterus will change in a few ways, since the uterus is gone theres a void that is filled w something things shift a bit nothing major just intestines, you may have some anatomical rearranging of fat, muscle etc, a plus is the bladder has more space and women who used to have to urinate frequently usually do not post hyster.

I dont know when you had your surgery, but do not try to achieve orgasm either by intercourse or by pleasing self until dr gives you the ok, if too soon post op this could cause some pain and bleeding issues,

The good news yes its still possible to have a climax, its different though honestly its gonna have to depenend on your ability to find the g spot and your partner will need to be patient and gentle.

So once you get the green light from dr, its kind of a bit different for every woman , for some can orgasm its not the same as before, not as intense. I have heard it all some say sex is gone from their lives after a hyster, thats unusuall , Many others say its the best its ever been cause they are finally pain free.

If you have any more questions or want to PM me please do know your welcomed,

Let me know if you had your surgery or are scheduled to , I have a page on my home page of pre and post op hints your welcomed to read.

C
Just saw your post.  Thanks AGAIN.  My surgery was years ago but I never really wanted to find out the truth.  I feel such a sense of LOSS.  If there were more female gynecologists, doctors wouldn't do this so much.  How does a man feel if he is castrated?  Of all the pleasures in life, sex is one of the best.  I do get some enjoyment but I want more.  If I climax, it is pretty short--not many contractions.

What is PM me?
pm is private message
oh forgot to mention you likely know kegals help
How do I do PM?  I know about kegels.  Its hard to have the discipline to do them regularly.  I hope this is not too personal.  I had given up hope of ever having "the big one" again.  Suddenly I remembered that several months ago I was self pleasuring and had a very very intense experience.  This gives me hope that my problem may not be be all physical but psychological.  Wish I could afford sex therapy.  I do read books to get help.  Ihope you are having a good day.
If you wanted to PM someone, go to their page and at the top right hand corner it will say send a note or send a message. If you want to talk privatley then press send a message.  Hope this helps. Take care. Remar