ovarian cyst after hysterectomy
i had my hysterectomy 6 months ago.my right ovary was left.i had my chck up today and my obgyne informed me that my cyst is now 45mm in diameter last year it was 38mm.i had bloodtests just to be sure that it is not cancer.am very worried could an ovarian cyst lead to cancer?pls reply.thank you i advance.
Hi there, and your question is a good one, the answer in MHO is could it, well, yes, it COULD, but in likelyhood or as far as odds go will in likely not. I am curious as to your pain regarding this cyst, usually they are quite painful, mine was. In my case I also had a hysterectomy and later due to being rather worn and tired of frequent ER trips and dealing with the pain of the cyst I had to find a new gyn, who agreed to at my request remove my ovary.

The CA125 that was run for your blood work as well as any other blood test will give you a definate answer,  know its very easy to say but please try not to worry, your test results should be available within 48-72 hours, call them if you dont hear from them by this time, best of luck. Please let me know how you are, and the main reason I am thinking the "odds" are in your favor is the fact that if your hyster was just 6 mths ago, if the surgeon saw anything remotley resembling cancer he woulda taken a biopsy. Also everything removed from you at the time of surgery was biospied( always is) and if that was all begnine, your probably suffering from a begnine cyst as well.

Hugs, Cherie