Hysterectomy Community
pain after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain after hysterectomy

I had a complete hysterectomy august 11/09. was healing quite well and 6 week post op indicated no problems. however about 2 weeks ago started experiencing groin pain worse at night as well as lower back pain. Also started on estrogen after surgery. am concerned maybe i lifted something 2 heavy. as we moved 2 weeks after surgery and might have over extended.should i rebook appointment with gyno?
thanks  .
Related Discussions
599170_tn?1300977493
Hi, I hope to be able to help you I think I have a pretty good understanding of what may be happening.
First yes absolutley you should phone your dr and at the very least speak to him on phone about your concerns, he may or may not think you need to come in for an appointment.
Its so very crutial to follow drs orders to a T after this surgery. I know it is very hard I folded a basket of towels at 10 days post op and it sent me into agony. Your not suposed to be lifting.You moved approximatley 1 month after your surgery is that right?
I would most likely think your pain could be related to over doing. You have a void, a space where your uterus used to be, your healing , the space isbeing filled with things shifting in your body, its really common for women to feel good and they think they can do activities they should not be doing.
Is the back pain in your sacrum( bones directly above bum crack) or in your lumbar ( bones near waist)? if its in the sacrum this would correspond with the groin pain.
Please let me know what your dr says, try ice pacs for the pain 15 min on 15 min off. heat is not good post op for hysterectomys..Your at the point where you should be almost completley physically healed but if the lifting is the cause of your pain, Im thinking you likely set yourself back a month or so for heal time.

best of wishes, C
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank