pain with intercourse 2+ years after hysterectomy
More than 2 years after a laporascopic hysterectomy, I still have pain with intercourse. For a year and 1/2, I tried to ignore it until finally I couldn't stand the effect it was having on my sex life (rarely could I or would I want to have sex). So, my doctor agreed to perform a vaginal apex revision to try to correct whatever may be causing it although he couldn't really find scar tissue or anything. It has improved after the revision but just slightly, enough for me to be able to stand having intercourse. My sex life is still practically nil. I just can't enjoy intercourse when I'm either feeling pain or expecting to feel it, in more than 1 point in the upper portion of my vagina, mostly near the "vaginal cuff" where I used to have a cervix. I feel no pleasurable sensations in that area any longer either; I think it's because the nerves that produce pleasurable sensations are gone. I am so frustrated and depressed about this, and I don't know what to do. Not only is my sex life ruined, my marriage is being ruined too.
Have you considered that this pain could be psychosomatic?  Sex is only one part of a marriage, and it should not be the main part.  Many people are happily married and never have sex, for whatever reasons...some just cuddle...some are too busy and others tired, but they still love one another.  Maybe you are putting to much importance into sex....maybe you were afraid before surgery that this would happen and thats why it is happening.  I hope you get something resolved and you and your husband find a way to deal with this other than ruining your marriage.  If thats the only reason you are married then it was headed for disaster a long time ago. Good luck.