Hysterectomy Community
pain with intercourse 2+ years after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain with intercourse 2+ years after hysterectomy

More than 2 years after a laporascopic hysterectomy, I still have pain with intercourse. For a year and 1/2, I tried to ignore it until finally I couldn't stand the effect it was having on my sex life (rarely could I or would I want to have sex). So, my doctor agreed to perform a vaginal apex revision to try to correct whatever may be causing it although he couldn't really find scar tissue or anything. It has improved after the revision but just slightly, enough for me to be able to stand having intercourse. My sex life is still practically nil. I just can't enjoy intercourse when I'm either feeling pain or expecting to feel it, in more than 1 point in the upper portion of my vagina, mostly near the "vaginal cuff" where I used to have a cervix. I feel no pleasurable sensations in that area any longer either; I think it's because the nerves that produce pleasurable sensations are gone. I am so frustrated and depressed about this, and I don't know what to do. Not only is my sex life ruined, my marriage is being ruined too.