Hysterectomy Community
polypectomy or hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

polypectomy or hysterectomy

I am 40 yrs old, and never been pregnant. i had 2x uterine polypectomy, 1 in 2007 and 1 in 2011. a hysterosonogram was done last week may 2013  and they found 2 polyps. the OB gyne MD gave me 2 options, either a polypectomy or hysterectomy. as much as possible i would like to avoid a hysterectomy because of the post effects. I am also concerned with the polyps coming back as I age. Still not decided whether to have  I would appreciate any feedbacks regarding this matter. thanks!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
The decision depends on the type of polyps whether endometrial polyps or fibroid polyps. Also the size of polyps and your symptoms and the associated factors like hyperplasia or cancer. Endometrial polyps can be removed and endometrial resection done to prevent relapse. Recurrent fibroid polyps may require a hysterectomy. Discuss with your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Thank you for the info. My Doctor said if i can keep up with the symptom which is the spotting in between periods, it's ok not to have surgery. but he recommended repeat ultrasound after 4 months.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank