Hysterectomy Community
post abdominal hysterctomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

post abdominal hysterctomy

Hi, I am 31 years old and had a TAH, bladder suspension, and rectocele procedure done on Aug 3 of this year.  It has been almost 4 months and I am having some pretty bad abdominal pain. It feels like Im having menstrual cramps. Also, my bladder surgery apparently didnt work since I have become incontinent again. Is the cramping normal after having the hysterectomy so long ago?
Hi , I am so sorry to hear you had to have such a serious  surgery. A bit of pain may be normal, However what your describing is not. Was your bladder sutured up or place in a mesh sling? in either case, heres what I think happened the suspension failed to heal correctly, The bladder is prolapsed and thus the incontinence. I am hypthesising that this is the cause of your pain too If you did have a mesh sling it could be addhearing to just about any tissue in the pelvic region. Or even if the bladder was simply sutured up the prolapse and pressure of this could be causing pain.
Id strongly urge you to find a top notch urological surgon go to him or her for advice. This condition can be fixed and you will get your good quality of life back. I am almost certain it will mean one corrective surgery. Just a laprosopic it will not be as painful or severe as your first. You will likely be done as an outpatient.
please let me know how you are
Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to make an appointment with a urologist. Ive only been back to work for 3 weeks and I had to call in sick today because of cramping. They are being really sweet to me. I work at an animal emergeny hospital so I have alot of heavy lifting I do everyday. Its very tiring to my body since the surgery and they understand. I am very lucky to work for such a great company. Thanks again and i will keep you updated!
your so very welcome...the lifting is not good for now as it does increase bleeding...have you tried an ice pack on uterus.....it sounds as if it would not feel good but it actually does relief pain 15 min on 15 min off you may choose to put a thin cloth uner it rather than directly on skin...this in theory shoulc help decrease heavy bleeding too.