post rectocele - hole in perineum
hi there

I had a vaginal hysterectomy (+ fallopian tubes removed), cystocele and rectocele repair 4 weeks ago. i admit i was unprepared for how I would feel post op. the pain was awful (abdominally), I had a catheter in for 2 weeks due to swelling and retension issues and of course the challenges of getting the bowels going again! the last couple of days i have been getting increasing pain in the perineum area (stabbing) and decided to take a look. there is a hole midway between the vagina and the anus (1/2 way along the suture line) prob about the size of a pea. also i have an offenisve smelling white discharge (vaginally) i have my next appt with my gynae surgeon in 3 weeks - should i get checked earlier? has anyone else experienced a hole? have my stitches come out out too early? thank you so much - I dont know who else to ask!
I would advise you very strongly NOT to wait foul smell and any discharge that is not clear most always means infection, get to Dr asap.
Thank you Cherie762 - i have made an appt to see my family physician so that she can take a look.
Hi dianeent

I am so pleased to have found your post even though it is from 2010. I have just had my surgery and like you have been suffering a lot of pain and have taken a look. I too have a hole in my perineum! I am very alarmed about this.
What was the outcome from yours and what should I do?
I hope you get this
Hi Julzy,

I am also pleased to see ur post. I had a perineoplasty and sphincteroplasty three weeks ago and I too have a small pee sized hole which is also sloughy. My GP assumes the sutures have come undone. How did yours heal?
Hi Julzy,