Aa
A
A
Close
post rectocele - hole in perineum
hi there

I had a vaginal hysterectomy (+ fallopian tubes removed), cystocele and rectocele repair 4 weeks ago. i admit i was unprepared for how I would feel post op. the pain was awful (abdominally), I had a catheter in for 2 weeks due to swelling and retension issues and of course the challenges of getting the bowels going again! the last couple of days i have been getting increasing pain in the perineum area (stabbing) and decided to take a look. there is a hole midway between the vagina and the anus (1/2 way along the suture line) prob about the size of a pea. also i have an offenisve smelling white discharge (vaginally) i have my next appt with my gynae surgeon in 3 weeks - should i get checked earlier? has anyone else experienced a hole? have my stitches come out out too early? thank you so much - I dont know who else to ask!
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
599170 tn?1300977493
I would advise you very strongly NOT to wait foul smell and any discharge that is not clear most always means infection, get to Dr asap.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you Cherie762 - i have made an appt to see my family physician so that she can take a look.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi dianeent

I am so pleased to have found your post even though it is from 2010. I have just had my surgery and like you have been suffering a lot of pain and have taken a look. I too have a hole in my perineum! I am very alarmed about this.
What was the outcome from yours and what should I do?
I hope you get this
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi Julzy,

I am also pleased to see ur post. I had a perineoplasty and sphincteroplasty three weeks ago and I too have a small pee sized hole which is also sloughy. My GP assumes the sutures have come undone. How did yours heal?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi Julzy,

I am also pleased to see ur post. I had a perineoplasty and sphincteroplasty three weeks ago and I too have a small pee sized hole which is also sloughy. My GP assumes the sutures have come undone. How did yours heal?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources