scar tissue??
Hello, I would appreciate any help! I will try to make this short. I am 55,  I had a abdominal total hysterectomy about 15+ years ago do to endometriosis. I just started lower left quadrate pain(pelvic region?) and left flank pain. DR sent me for CT scan b/c of pain and tendereness on stomach. Results diffuse thickening of the colon. Had colonoscopy and turned out fine. I thought it was my diverticulitis again. Next to Uroglist and he checked bladder was ok. Next to Gyno and said I was red and tender on the left when he checked.  I also told him my husband & I went to have sex and there was lots of pain, never before. I will be having a Ultrasound this week. This all started Middle of June so about 10 weeks of pain. It has got better b/c there was days standing at work I would have tears from standing. It feels like something pulling b/c I can turn or bend and I feel the pain. I've been more constipated lately which rarely have that problem.  My question is The Dr said something about adhesion/scar tissue but, it usually starts within 5yrs after hysterectomy. Would you suggest anything else if the Ultrasound shows nothing? Would the CT show scar tissue??  Thank you for your time!!
Adhesion formation can complicate matters and affect the bowel and colon; and this can cause pain. Another possibility is recurrence of endometriosis, which should be looked into. Ultrasound can CT scan should help in making the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.