upper back pain after surgery
Has anyone experienced mid to upper back and shoulder pain after a total hyst?  It comes and goes and it radiates to my neck and shoulders and my arms feel weak.  I get a headache with it. It goes away as fast as it comes..
gina08
  my nurse told me that I would have shoulder pain and stuff from all the gases they inject into your tummy for the surgery. It will last for a week or two. I was having same on the right side of my shoulder and up into my neck. Just massage gently and heat. it will go soon. My arms didnt feel weak though. May want to ask your doctor. I hope everything else went smoothly. what kind of hysterectomy did you have? normal or vaginal?
I had a total vaginal lap hyst.  They were able to leave one ovary.  I think my arms feeling weak comes from the shoulder pain that radiates up my back and neck. Weird.. Leave it to me.  I know they have you positioned weird during surgery so who knows... I have an appt in 2 weeks, if it does not improve I will ask then... Thanks for your imput. What did u have done?  
Hi Gina

I had a TLH in Jan '10 and are having the same problem as you described in your post.   Can you please tell me what your doctor said?  My doctor indicated for me to continue Vicodin.  Unbelievable.  Please respond to ***@****.  Thanks.
I just had a hysterectomy I am experincing upper back, neck and shoulder pains and at times my arms do feel weak.. What is this?