Hysterectomy Community
uterus removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

uterus removal

I am 42 yr old having fibroid inside the uterus and subserious firbroid also. i had choclate cyst when i was 28 it was removed. now i hv sever pain and bleeding during my mensus time for the past 2 months previously i have a yr ago without much bleeding. now the q. is dr. suggest to undergo open surgery for removal of uterus ovaries has cysts. she told we will see it later. she told me to under go open surgery. another dr. suggested laprocopy. which one is good  in long run and i want to know if i dont remove my ovary is there a possiblility of cancer in long run. i am confused pls help to get rid of this night mare.
If the laparoscopy can do what is necessary, it is a less invasive process and has an easier recovery.  But that is only if it does what is needed.  If you need a hysterectomy, there are various kinds.  I would discuss all the options with either doctor or even a third doctor.  I'm sure sorry you are going through this.
HI  a lap is much easier for recovery there is a even better option called the DaVinci laproscopic procedure it uses a robotic device and computer imagery dr can see even the tiniest of vessels, the recovery from this tends to go very well and you loose less blood, have very small scars, a open surgery is easier for the dr not you. Id insist on a lap.
ops did not mean to hit send yet. there is always a risk of cancer ..ask your dr for a blood test now called CA125 it is a ovarian cancer marker, odds are in your favor that it is not cancer likely reoccurance of cysts, which are very painful.