Hysterectomy Community
vaginal bleeding 7 weeks after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

vaginal bleeding 7 weeks after hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy 7 weeks ago and I was wondering if it is normal to have bright red blood with a few clots in it at this point after my surgery.  The first couple weeks after surgery I had a dark old looking blood and doctor said that was normal.  Havent bleed for 3 weeks.  I was at my 6 week and was told at 6 weeks I could resume normal exercise so I had started walking 2 miles a day again and on the 3rd day I start with this bleeding.  Should I see the doctor?  I read one blog that said up to 8 weeks once sutures started to dissolve but that is all I can find. Thank you