Hysterectomy Community
vaginal bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

vaginal bleeding

I had a total hysterectomy (ovaries and partial cervix) about 8 years ago.  Suddenly this evening I have bright red bleeding from my vaginal area.  There is no odor but a slight itch.  I thought it may be a urinary tract infection because I recently had a foley catheter placed.  This is bright red vaginal bleeding with some low back pain.  I do have history of breast cancer.  Any ideas?  There has been no sexual intercourse of any kind in over 3 years.  help>
Bleeding after a hysterectomy is'nt normal. I am not saying it's cancer. You could have an infection.
Can you get in to see your Gynecologist soon to find out what's going on?    Remar
I have an appointment, but like every doc there is an almost 2 month wait.  The bleeding stopped after about 12 hours....stopped for a day....started again for a few hours and has stopped again.  If this pattern happens again, I will push to be seen sooner!!  
Your input is helpful.  I thought of cancer right away because I do still have a small portion of my cervix.  I have not been good these past few years with pap smears  UGH
Call again to see if they can get you in sooner. I would think if they knew your situation, having a hysterectomy and bleeding, they would take you this week. If they can't, call another Dr. Or at least ask to be put on the cancellation list.
Are you having any other symptoms. Itching, unusual discharge, anything else you can think of?      Remar
I had a complete hysterectomy 12 years ago. I bleed bright red blood almost everyday. I have to have a panty liner on all the time. I have NOTHING inside me. My gyno. doctor has been checking me for the past few years and she says she sees NO blood. Well, I showed her my panty liner the last time I was there. I have reg. pap smears. I also went to another gyno for a second opinion. No blood inside me. They saw NOTHING. I am so discusted. I am bleeding. I bleed more in the morning time when I go to the bathroom and wipe I have red blood on the paper and little specks of blood in the toilet. I stay depressed. It isn't normal. BUT, I have been to so many doctors and none of them find anything.
I know what you are going through. I just nhioticed yesterday that I am having the same thing. I had everything removed 24 years ago. So I am concerned but refuse to go to the doctor. I deal with depression that is so severe that I would rather die than have to deal with cancer or anything. I may regret my decision some day but I just can't handle this now. I have meds that will keep my calm and I won't worry about this. I am hoping that it was just a dry area that got torn when I showed. It could happen that it is just as I am thinking. Heck, who am I kidding, I will be concerned about this and won't stop thinking about it.....I will probably have to to see my doctor IF it happens again. I don't k now when this was posted but my post is May of 2013. Any advise besides telling me to get to the doctor will be appreciated. Good luck to you as well
How are you doing? I see your last past was over a year ago, we are wondering if you are ok. Still bleeding or did they find the reason for the bleeding. I am glad to read that you went to the doctor and they could not find anything. That gives me hope that the bleeding is just nothing to be concerned about. Were it serious they would have found something considering you went to more than one doctor. I wish we could hear from you and see how you are doing now. Please post if you are still coming to this site...let us know how you are doing. Thanks Jean

I have complete hysterectomy 6 years ago; i got minor bleed just now. spot bleeding and makes me worried. Any advise.

It has been two years that I have had a total abdominal hysterectomy. I am 34 yrs old  they took my uterus cervix and part of my vagina I had a Tumour that was non cancerous  but could lead into cancer. I have experienced cramping in lower abdomen went to the washroom to find out I was bleeding, it was red in color and quite a bit of blood but It stopped.  I have had a previous spotting red in color  but it was nothing like the last time.  Also have been having quite a bit of discharge with a slight fowl smell. I have been to see my doctor the first time it has occurred with the light spotting had a Pap smear and ultra sound there was a few cysts on my ovary but it was nothing major and results came back okay and yr after it seems to be getting were so now I have a appointment again for a Pap smear I am hoping it is nothing major
I am 9 years post my hysterectomy . My uterus and cervix were removed due to adenomyosis. I stated bleeding about 7 months ago out of no where. I've had multiple exams by 4 different doctors to the point I don't think I can take anymore. A CT- scan, pelvic and trans vaginal ultrasound which were both negative. I've also been to the OR twice with 3 different doctors who seem to think post surgery they had corrected the problem by removing cyst and endometriosis.  It's seven months later and I'm still bleeding every 21 days like a monthly period. I don't know what to think anymore and my doctors are just as confused as I am.
My mom had a total hysterectomy in the early 80's. Since then she has had to have her bladder tacked 3 time due to the fact that the tissue would shred and her bladder would fall. The third time the doctor used pig skin grafts and it has held. That was about 12 years ago. In the last 6-7 years she has bleed bright red blood daily to the point that she has to wear a light pad. She has been to she her ob-gyn many many times. He's not sure why she is bleeding. He has catherized the are repeatedly to try and stop the bleeding. It's not helped. She hasn't had sex in about 4 years. She is very frustrated and we are looking for answers.