Hysterectomy Community
what is going on with me?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what is going on with me?

hello, I am 33yrs. old and I am having some problems.  I diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 6yrs. ago after going to numerous doctors who thought I was either a hypercondriac or was drug seeking.  I told them all I had pain in nearly every part of my body.  Not just the joints and not just the soft tissue.  I can't even describe how I felt emotionally.  All these doctors wanted to do was give me depression medicine.  Finally, after two years I saw my current doctor; who was and still is a Godsend.  He believed me when I told me about my pain and asked if I had heard of Fibromyalgia, I had but didn't really know what it was. He took the time to explain it to me and set me up with a Rheumatologist to help with the diagnosis.  After 2 and a half years, and starting to believe that maybe I was crazy, I finally had an answer.....FIBROMYALGIA.  I am being treated with Cymbalta and Hydrocodone.  I was  little worried about the pain med. but I can finally get through a day with pain that is tolerable and as long as I follow my script it is safe.  After years of taking OTC pain relievers that contain NSAIDS (non-sterodial anti-inflammatory drugs) I have developed a pretty bad case of gastritous.  NSAIDS kill my stomach.  
Two years ago I had a partial hystorectomy because of severe endrometriosis and a uterus that was tilted completly backward.  (Did I mention I had some problems?) My current problem is this..... SEVERE pain in my right ovary... or atleast in that area.  The pain is waking me at night and is so horrible I can barely walk to the bathroom where I immediately urinate and have a BM.  After this happens the pain isn't quite so bad but I'm still sore the next day.  Does anyone know what this might be or has anyone had a similar problem?  
This is my first post.....sorry for how long it is.  Thought maybe a little background might help someone help me.