INFO-MANIACS User Group
EPIDEMIC OF MENTAL ILLNESS IN DOCTORS
About This Group:

Science-based medicine, studies, articles. I follow MedHelps rules about personal groups: Founders can choose to ban members from their Group or prohibit discussions on certain topics in their own Group. I can't imagine others joining this but I'm starting it for my own edification and may refer people to read certain topics. Sorry about the flower icon. I had to chose one. (grin)

Founded by cave76 on May 15, 2013
2 members

EPIDEMIC OF MENTAL ILLNESS IN DOCTORS

EPIDEMIC OF MENTAL ILLNESS IN DOCTORS

"The emergence of Medically Unexplained Illnesses has revealed an epidemic of behavioral problems and personality disorders in doctors. Patients expressing unfamiliar complaints to their physicians often induce the "It's All In Your Head" (AIYH) or the "That's Impossible" response in doctors suffering from these behavioral problems and personality disorders.

Physicians fixated upon the metaphysical belief system of "If we don't know about it, then it doesn't exist" are suffering from a mental defect or psychological condition known as "Doctors with Unexplained Medical Beliefs": D.U.M.B.
DUMB doctors are comprised of subgroups characterized by opportunists who are feigning to be DUMB for monetary gain:

"Medicalingering" or of those doctors who are not in possession of sufficient information to render an intelligent diagnosis:

"Factlessitious Disorder". Physicians who are suffering from DUMB disorder place an inordinate emphasis on theories of psychological causality for virtually any unfamiliar complaints that are presented, and manifest a distinctive lack of observational skills when confronted with obvious abnormalities. Doctors who exhibit obsessive preoccupation with psychosocial etiologies should be regarded with extreme caution:

"Psychosomatization Fixation Disorder" or "Psychologizing" is a distinctive characteristic of mental illness, and should be considered a warning sign that the individual is not rational and may in fact be dangerously DUMB. DUMB disorder may be concomitant but should not be confused with "Signs of Thoroughly Unmistakable Physician Intelligence Deficiency" :

"S.T.U.P.I.D.", as a STUPID physician is uniformly incompetent, while a DUMB doctor is only mentally paralyzed into "psychologizing" by unfamiliar symptoms and complaints. An immediate investigation is warranted to assess the prevalence of DUMB and STUPID doctors, and to determine the detrimental impact that physicians suffering from these mental defects are having on their patients and the health care system."
Tags: D.U.M.B..
cave76 commented on  "Chronic Lyme P...
Apr 03
"Chronic Lyme Patients Suffer...
Apr 03 by cave76
Why recommending a doctor can be tr...
Mar 29 by cave76