Ideas for economical living . User Group
Clean your carpets of mud and blood.
About This Group:

We are all in a tough time in America so it seems a good idea to share tips, ideas, for economical living, how do we afford new 'stuff' and where can we get good 'used stuff '..be interested in any ideas to cope .what may be a long haul.When the going gets tough the tough get going '

Founded by margypops on October 22, 2009
71 members

Clean your carpets of mud and blood.

Another one of the Peekahouseholds  constant problems.  The dogs (and Mr. Peek) track in mud.  And Mr. Peek is constantly bleeding after his dirt bike injuries.

----------

For muddy tracks in the carpet:

Resist the urge to clean when the mess is wet.  Toss a handful of salt on it and walk away.  When dry, vacuum it up.  

-----------

For blood stains:

1 handful salt
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide

Cover the area with salt to try to help absorb some of the blood.  Mix equal parts COLD water with hydrogen peroxide in a small bowl.  Dampen a clean cloth with the mixture and use it to dab at the salt until a clump forms.  Gently keep blotting at the stain and repeat until it disappears.  Rinse with a cloth dipped in clean, fresh water.  Never use warm water, or it will set the stain.
hey tell you what I have just remembered my mom would throw salt onto an egg if she dropped one on the floor ,it congealed the mess, otherwise have you ever tried to wipe up egg.Yuck ..whoops I digressed .
I think this works with red wine too. Mind you I try not to spill mine, I try to get it down my throat...
Great carpet cleaning tip.  I don't have carpets to worry about, but that's great information if I ever move to a place that does have carpeting.
I dragged this one back up as I am sure with all the floods many have dirty carpets etc I haven't had floods but I dod have some mud this year .. peek a boo seems to have done a bunk due to personal probs ,  but I am sure she would not mind
Avatar n tn
newmanandjimmy commented on Adding Abilify
Jul 12
margypops Big downpour of rain last e... Comment
Jul 01
blcontra joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 26