Ideas for economical living . User Group
Good cheap deals on ebay
About This Group:

We are all in a tough time in America so it seems a good idea to share tips, ideas, for economical living, how do we afford new 'stuff' and where can we get good 'used stuff '..be interested in any ideas to cope .what may be a long haul.When the going gets tough the tough get going '

Founded by margypops on October 22, 2009
70 members

Good cheap deals on ebay

I have found generally that I get things for far less than I would in a store or supermarket, when I buy on ebay. I just bought a stack of tissue paper for Christmas wrapping a heck of a lot cheaper than I would get it in town! I buy more or less everything there now (except if it's too big or heavy, and shipping would cost a lot)
Plus it's better than standing in queues! Plus it's better than having people with flu and colds cough all over you while you're shopping!!

I can definitely get things for less there. As long as I make sure I'm buying from someone reliable, and with good feedback, there are never any problems.
I do a lot of Christmas shopping at Overstock.com.  Flat rate shipping and I can find some pretty unique things for a good price.  Actually I bought my kitchen table from there and not only paid less than even Walmart.com, had it delivered for a whole $3.
E Bay is still a good thing to do, my DD has got many new pieces of furniture from Ebay at ridiculous prices..craigslist has the same .
Just be wary of where you meet the people selling stuff and when.  People have been hurt by dishonest people through craigslist.  I don't mean just financially hurt by scammers.  I mean by people who have been harmed and even killed.  It is wiser to meet the seller in a public place where there will be a lot of other people around.  I'm sure that not everyone is like this, but this is something to be aware of.
I heard about that I havent actually used them but I have been up there to see what they have got oh I did get some gravel for the yard once from someone ..yes one should be careful..
margypops Just going to make a cup of... Comment
Sep 27
FurballsMom commented on photo
Sep 17
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 17