I'm officially obsessed.
I'm obsessed with cleaning now, THANKS a lot.

I'm using white vinegar/water, mixed 50/50, and put in a spray bottle.  Works far better than any spray cleaner I've ever used.  The only trouble is, my house smells like a salad.  
"They" say the smell goes away when it all dries.  *we'll see*

I just cleaned all my countertops with it.  All the bathroom sinks got a baking soda scrub.  Toilets are next--you put about a cup of vinegar in the bowl, let it sit, and then scrub with baking soda.  

This morning, I  mixed my usual facial cleanser with a tsp of baking soda.  *BAMMMMM*  I'm gorgeous now!!! (ok, maybe not...but my skin feels soft and glowing).

If my back wasn't about to give out, I'd clean the fridge with my new miracle cleansers.  
You might want to try adding some lemon or orange juice or rind, or some essential oils to give it a pretty smell.
I did add lemon juice.  It didn't help.  
Tell you what its a lot nicer than shopping for all the cleaning products I have had in the past today I bought Vinegar,white,  Baking soda ,I have always lemon juice in as I drink it in tea a lot , The smell is a darn site better than the stuff I was using and I am not sneezing afterwards, I have a realtor coming to look at the house on Monday so the 'Loos' have to be scrubbed . I always asume they look down the toilets ...Oh I am a useless housewife .
10% bleach to 90% water is a wonderful cleaner for counters sinks etc...I like the vinager too for mirrors and stuff does smell though!
Told you guys.  I've been using it for years and the smell does go away after in dries. LOL  Try the castile soap recipe it smells much better.  The vinegar can replace the after shower spray too.
And, a good place to get some other recipes for these useful cleaning ingredients is care2.com.  Just use their search engine and use the key words "natural cleaning recipes" and you'll get a few archive articles.  The best writer of these is Annie Bond.  She is super great about explaining the science behind these ingredients and why they work.  The white vinegar is the most economical.  Don't forget to get a couple of bottles of hydrogen peroxide the next time you go to your local drug store or dollar store.  Annie Bond explains how vinegar and hydrogen peroxide should be used on the cutting boards to clean and disinfect them.  It's best to read her articles to get the fullest and best explanation.  There are some other recipes for things like natural furniture polish and other things that we don't use all that often on that site.  You'll love these additional recipes that are better for the environment, better for our health and easy on the pocket book.  A total win-win.  And, no expensive harsh chemical "cleaners" needed.  I'm just saying that this site has some additional tips using the ingredients you're already using that I know you'll find useful.

you guy r making me want to go clean ! next totall clean job on house which will be soon, Im trying all the tips for fun, plus is did you all realise the tips are "green" less chemicals..

however my stupid dog licks the door wall when I clean it w vinager any ideas on that one..I mean I can have him in another room for hours,,he licks the whole doorwall first chance he gets...strange dog.
Know any more cheapo cleaning products
Try buying Dr. Bronner's castile soap.  They are wonderful, plus there are several places where you can reuse the containers the stuff comes in, which is a win-win type of scenario.

It is concentrated, so you don't need a lot.  Plus, most of it comes with the essential oils already added.  I like the one with tea tree oil myself.

You can cut down on some of the vinegar use by using the Dr. Bronner's, plus you get a nice smell.

A great use for it is to make a paste with it and use it for your porcelain in your bathroom, like "Softscrub".  To make the paste, you can use Bon Ami or baking soda.  I'm liking the Bon Ami better than the baking soda and a canister of Bon Ami is not even expensive.  Bon Ami is feldspar and is actually a natural product, plus it has no smell of its own.  Using the Dr. Bronner's castile soap takes care of the disinfecting agent, because it has the essential oils in it.  The things I like about doing this is that it's just as effective as the chemical versions of cleanser, is actually cheaper, plus I find it's actually easier to rinse the residue.  Also, if there is a little residue of either the Dr. Bronner's or the Bon Ami, neither one will harm you the next time you get into the tub for a bath or shower.  The next shower can take care of any residue you didn't realize was still there.  One of the uses of Dr. Bronner's is as an additive for your bath, and since the ingredients are actually all food ingredients--no one is absorbing harmful ingredients through the skin.  Just some useful information.  There is more information on their website, too.

I'm not sure about what to do about the dog licking the vinegar off the wall, but at least that bit of vinegar won't hurt him, so long as it's just the vinegar he is licking.
You will like the smells of the various essential oils available.  I probably can't list all of them, but to give you an idea:  tea tree oil, eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint.  There is an unscented one, too, but unless you decide to add your own essential oils, I would leave that one alone for the purposes of cheapo and green cleaning products.  It's a natural and safe product you can use for what it says it's good for:  baby shampoo or your own shampoo.  It is kinder to your skin than the usual Dr. Bronner's.  Although, whenever I clean my bathtub and sink, I do it without gloves and don't have problems.  And, I have very sensitive skin.  

Just a couple of squirts in the toilet can take care of the toilet on days when you're cleaning the rest of the bathroom.  Use it the same way as the vinegar.  It seems more expensive than the vinegar, but it's not because you use less of it than you would the vinegar.  I'm just saying that it's an option on the days you're using it to clean the rest of the bathroom anyway.  You will end up using less of the vinegar, so you will end up happier with the smell.  You can then use the diluted vinegar on your indoor glass, like the bathroom mirror.

The vinegar smell does go away, but I sometimes don't want to smell it either.  So, I think you'll appreciate using the Dr. Bronner's castile soap.  

There is a local company that makes their own version of castile soap here, but I find their smells too harsh.  Plus, I think they do use too many additivies.  So, I prefer to use the Dr. Bronner's, the original.  This product is called castile soap because of the history of the soap making process in the castile region, just so you know.  So, this type of soap making process is very old and Dr. Bronner's uses the original process.  Much gentler to the senses and the environment.

going to my Sprouts store this weekend and will see if the y Castile soap I did ask last year but maybe they have it now , I will see if they can order it..Not all vinegars are strong I wont be using balsamic lol it will more than likely be apple cider vinegar or white vinegar .anyway reminds me of yummy fish and chips in  The UK ....I haven't got a dog and I dont know if Tweety is in to licking walls ...I use tee tree oil shampoo as I am allergic to most others also Tgel is okay .Thanks a lot you always give such great input ..
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
katrinika commented on You are a Believer
Aug 29
Gofsbeautifullove commented on You are a Believer
Aug 28
Jade59 commented on photo
Aug 19