Ideas for economical living . User Group
Just a babble
About This Group:

We are all in a tough time in America so it seems a good idea to share tips, ideas, for economical living, how do we afford new 'stuff' and where can we get good 'used stuff '..be interested in any ideas to cope .what may be a long haul.When the going gets tough the tough get going '

Founded by margypops on October 22, 2009
70 members

Just a babble

I have noticed recently that whilst food prices rise the stores are competing with each other more and today I was able to find some good deals to stock the freezers ..Ice cream was $2.99 a tub ,although they have made that tub smaller, it was Dreyers which we like so I got a few .they are usually$ 5.99 now and thats in Ralph's...pizza always on offer, and also the sirloin is on offer up front before the Labor day grill off  .so I spent a bit more and got the stuff early ..
hahah well okay its all pretty boring I do admit and I doubt we are going to save a penny in the future I think we should live high on the hog ...its going to get worse my utilities have doubled and more under the UN's agenda 21 program LOL who cares .....
I just watched on the news, though.  Expect higher prices for basic commodities in the foods department.  This is mainly due to an already bad economy and the fierce drought that has brought many farmers and ranchers to their knees.
Dried beans in the pantry, if you can eat beans, ought to help.  It's not enough on its own for most people, but it's a whole lot more affordable than buying beans by the can.  Beans are an excellent and nutritious protein filler to add to your meat dishes.  It's a good way to stretch the budget and the beans do have fiber.  Black beans go best with beef dishes.  White beans go best with chicken.  And, red beans can do well with both.  Although, it seems we do need canned beans for the emergency food supplies we should have on hand.  Definitely try to get sufficient supplies before your usual season of bad weather starts approaching.  
hey I am glad someone is around , I was about to get off here myself.with whats happening to America who cares lol Thanks for responding furball
I have managed to get a few good stores in , I found it difficult at first I didnt used to have to be thrifty..it can be fun looking for deals though..prices continue to rise I hear peanut butter has gone up 40% well I only ate it occasionally but the dh likes it a lot.Tell you what its making me look to fresh food more made me think before I buy ....lol
rockinrobin32 for anyone who has wondered... Comment
Jul 20
realjimmy commented on photo
Jul 20
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 14