Ideas for economical living . User Group
Prices rocketing
About This Group:

We are all in a tough time in America so it seems a good idea to share tips, ideas, for economical living, how do we afford new 'stuff' and where can we get good 'used stuff '..be interested in any ideas to cope .what may be a long haul.When the going gets tough the tough get going '

Founded by margypops on October 22, 2009
70 members

Prices rocketing

I have just moved house, the area I lived in was expensive enough but I am thrifty and made out okay ..This last week at my new stores I am really shocked , all of a sudden they are sky high, and I am talking basics , I guess its begun ........even things like potatoes, veg,meat is impossible ...just an nightmare .
I've noticed that about meat in particular, too.  It's outrageous.  I do what I can to buy the economy packages and divide those packages into smaller packages for the freezer.
yup we are not buying it much now ..even chicken of course they want us to be vegitarian so thats part of that ploy ..well even veggies are going up .I have just moved to a more rural area with some land and actually I have found prices higher here than my last place ..quite a lot more .I
I think it's part of a plot to force us to be vegetarian, too.  If you have ever read the book "Right for Your Type", you would know that they're crazy to try to force all of us to be vegetarian.  Not everyone can be a vegetarian.  People with blood type O, for example, will get terribly sick if they are forced to be vegetarian because this blood type simply must have meat.  As blood type O is extremely sensitive to high glycemic foods, then going very low on carbohydrates actually works for people with blood type O.  This won't work so well with blood type A.  They need more carbohydrates and can do alright with more of the high glycemic foods than people with blood type O.
Besides, veggies are getting outrageously expensive, too, so forcing everyone to be vegetarian isn't going to work.  What to do in regard to the vegetable issue is to concentrate your purchasing on the green vegetables.  If you have a Trader Joe's where you moved to, as I don't know if they are located in AZ or not, they have good prices on ORGANIC broccoli, kale and salad greens.  Anyway, concentrate your money in this area of vegetables all the more so with the economy the way it is.
Nothing they are leading us into is going to work..we are at a cross roads ...I have got a store cupboard/pantry going in my new house, and am going in to the stores this coming week to get water and supplies ...
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30
opus88 commented on photo
Jul 30
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30