Ideas for economical living . User Group
foam soap
About This Group:

We are all in a tough time in America so it seems a good idea to share tips, ideas, for economical living, how do we afford new 'stuff' and where can we get good 'used stuff '..be interested in any ideas to cope .what may be a long haul.When the going gets tough the tough get going '

Founded by margypops on October 22, 2009
70 members

foam soap

Its probably already been said, but.....
I re-use foam soap containers.
I buy a bottle of the doller liquid soap, and put about a tablespoon or so of it in the empty foam soap container. Then add hot water and let it sit overnight.
Works great.
Thats a good tip ..I will try it ..whats a foam soap container ?
just buy a thing of foam soap at the store (like the dollar store) but make sure you can unscrew the top.
You need to be able to unscrew it and then screw it back on.
After the soap runs out, dont throw the container away. Use it and fill it like I told you.
I never heard of foam soap but I will go take a look... I like tips .....
Foam soaps are like some of the "liquid" soaps you might find in a public restroom.  The theory is that if the soap is already foamy, you will clean your hands better.  I never use this kind of thing at home with all these chemical sensitivities, though.

You can reuse any type of liquid hand soap container.  It is encouraged at the big warehouse stores, in fact.  You can get a big jug of the liquid soap and just keep reusing the initial liquid soap pump you might already have.
What I like about the foam soap is its not such a huge glob of chemicals. Its watered down chemicals. lol
humm well thanks for for tip but my skin may not stand it,its good for others to know though ...
A good chemical free bar soap that I've been using is called Sappo Hill.  It's made in Portland, OR.  They make it using the old fashioned method of making soap.  They just use coconut oil instead of lard or other animal fat, so it doesn't have an unpleasant smell.  In fact, the one I use doesn't even have a smell of any sort, not even the smell of coconut.  If they use a coconut oil with the smell of coconut, it no longer smells like coconut after it's made into soap, but it's very gentle to the skin and is great for people with sensitive skin or chemical sensitivities.  It's not expensive either.  They make their soap cakes round instead of rectangular, but that should be no big deal for you.  They do make several varieties and some do have fragrances, but they use natural essential oils in them.  I myself don't use even those, because I'm very sensitive even to natural fragrances.  What I do, so I can have soap that won't bother me when I am out and about is to keep a bar of this soap in a plastic zip lock bag in my shopping bag.  I learned the trick to not ending up with slimy soap when doing this is to notice how damp the bar might be from the last use.  Since I'm putting it back in the zip lock bag, it will stay a little bit damp, depending on if I ran it under water or not.  If it feels just a little bit damp, I just rub it in my hands without water and put it back in the bag before turning on the water and washing my hands as usual.  It works just fine to do this, too.  It isn't as sudsy as most of the chemical soaps out there, but that's okay.  It's good old fashioned plain soap and it still does the job.  You don't need all those chemicals to have clean hands and body.  Anyway, this is my way of making my bar soap portable, so I can avoid the soaps usually found in public restrooms that bother my allergies and my skin both.
I used some shower gel 2 morning ago expensive stuff Roger and Gallett I have this huge break out on my arms ..will I never learn ...I have been told about Knight's Castille ..but will try to get Sappo hill..thing is with out gel or soap I don't feel my skin gets cleaned.
Just be gentle to your skin.  If you're too aggressive, any soap will cause you problems.  Even plain water will cause you problems if you're too aggressive.  I like Sappo Hill, because it is very gentle and it does all that is needed for washing my hands.  I even have been able to use it when shaving my legs with no problems.
I haven't spotted either round here I am going everywhere trying to find hair color ,blonde, with out PPDs not even much on the internet...
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30
opus88 commented on photo
Jul 30
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30