Immunization & Vaccine Community
'Universal' flu Vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

'Universal' flu Vaccine

Could you tell me if there is a push for he new 'universal flu vaccine ' that will prevent all flu strains with a single shot and is it true that in the process the medical community has admitted that the current flu shot is mediaclly useless as it fails to target the correct flu strain ?
Hi!
Well, yes, there is a push for a universal flu vaccine, likely to be available by 2014. The flu virus undergoes rapid mutation and changes strain every year. That is why you need to take shots again and again. The new flu vaccine will obviously have the potential to fight against this mutation and changing strain. However, it is not yet available for human use.
The medical since advances each day—new technology, treatments, devices, diagnostic tools come up. As of today—the vaccine gives you one year protection. Take care!
Thank you Doctor Mathur...would you have any information about the new H3 N2v virus that has struck 5 states,in the CONUS, Indiana , Iowa, Maine , West Virginia ,Pennsylvania  and contains the mutant variant of the 2209 Swine flu H1N1  ...
I haven't heard of the universal flu vaccine!  Very interesting!  I'll have to read up on it more.