Immunization & Vaccine Community
4 year shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

4 year shots

My husband just got custody of his 3 girls and the oldest is going to start school so we are having to get a physical, but the shot record we have shows she needs 4 year shots, but she told us when she was in TX that she got shots.  The mother is not giving us a copy or info where we can get a copy of the record.  
If we take her for her physical will getting her 4 year shots again hurt or harm her in any way?
Tags: 4 year shots again
I do not think repeating shots will harm her.  However, there might be a way to get the child's medical records from Texas; in some places childhood vaccinations are reported to the preschool or possibly even a state agency.  If you know the town where the mother lived, that will help.
I forgot to say, ask the pediatrician if there is any problem with repeating shots.  But first, and most important, ask the child if she has ever had a flu shot, or any other kind of shot.  By age 4, she should be able to tell you.  If she says no, there is your answer.
See if the state of Texas has an online registry for immunizations, most states do. All vaccinations are reported to the state. Normally all you need is the persons name, date of birth and social security number to access the records. If that doesn't work, you can try contacting the Texas department of health, explain to them what is going on and see what they say. Also inform the doctor that she had her shots in Texas and all her medical records are there, see what they can do. I would take in a copy of the custody order to the doctor the
first time you go too. Good luck
Oh and I don't think getting the shots again will cause any harm, but who wants to get more shots:(