Immunization & Vaccine Community
ARE CHILDREN VACCINES NECESSARY?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

ARE CHILDREN VACCINES NECESSARY?????

I have a 2 month old baby and i hear alot of differing opinions on if children should get their immunizations or not. Some say NO because of the side effects from the vaccines. And some say YES because of all the sickness in the world that they could contract.
MY FIRST SET OF QUESTIONS IS.....Does anybody on here know anybody that has NOT given their child vaccinations?????    How old was the child???    Did they get any diseases or sickness of any kind since they did not have vaccines?????           MY NEXT SET OF QUESTIONS IS......Does anybody here know of a child that HAS recieved vaccinations and HAS had some kind of side effect or something bad happen from getting the vaccine? What kind of vaccination gave the side effect????

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!    MY CHILD'S LIFE IS VERY PRECIOUS AND THE LIVES OF CHILDREN EVERYWHERE ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!   I would like to know the truth behind these vaccines that the world is giving our chidren!!!! Please help me with ANY information and knowledge that you may have!!!!!    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Sincerely,Donald
That is an excellent question.

To minimize the risk, insist that the vaccines be from single-dose vials.

They are a bit more expensive. You may have to ask for them in advance.

The problem (if it exsists) seems to come from multiple-dose vials, which have a mercury based preservative. Single dose vials do not contain thimerasol.
Thank you very much for that tip!!!! It helps alot!!!  I appreciate it!!!!!
My son had a small reaction to the 4 month injections, it was mild but still a bit scary, he essentially fainted.

I would not however risk him not having the immunization. He recently had his 6 month ones. Get your dr to explain the risks of not being covered. Whopping cough for example can kill or cause brain damage in young babies. We have recently experienced an outbreak of whopping cough in our area. The cause is thought to be an increase in ppl not being immunized.
I have not vacinated my daughter.  I personally consider the risk too high given my family history of severe allergies / food reactions.

She is now 2 1/2 and has not yet been sick from any major illness. I do still breastfeed her (which i consider a form of natural vaccination).

My sisters do not vaccinate their children.  All are normal and healthy and have not been ill.  My sisters son still has some issues.   She is in Australia.  His guidance councellor congratulated my sister when she said she hadn't risked vaccinating her son.  She said that many of the children she works with at special schools are vaccine injured.

You need to know this is a very emotionally charged issue. Many people are vehemently for or against.  Do your research and make your own decision.  If you do decide to vaccinate be selective for those illnesses that are really life threatening and single vaccinate only.

Vaccination is not a 1 size fits all.  Many children appear not to have serious side effects.  but some have serious and even life threatening complications.

It comes down to what you can live with.  I would feel far worse if my child was injured by a vaccine than if she were sick from a 'natural' illness.  Of couse neither situation is good.

There are other ways to ensure healthy immune system.  These include breastfeeding. proper nutrition, rest, diet, vitamin D, etc.

Whooping cough occurs in vaccinated populations now.  The organism seems resistant to the vaccination.  I have read that up to 80% of whooping cough cases were vaccinated.

Vaccination is not a failsafe way to prevent illnesses.  Vaccination for chickenpox has been correlated with an increase in shingles in adult and vulnerable populations.  Please do your research.  

Don't be pushed into anything your gut tells you is wrong.

My oldest is vaccinated.. my youngest... will never be. One of my children died as a results of his 2 month old shots. The pediatritian that I now have had for over 10 years agrees with me and states that while it is up to the parents.. he has no problem in waiting until the child has a better equiped immune system. I have 7 children.. my oldest children have had most of their shots.. while my three youngest... will NEVER have any. I was given the MMR in 1976 and fell into a coma.. my  uncles daughter passed from her MMR as well.. i didnt find out my family history until myyounger children were here.. Its the parents choice.. and a hard one at that. do some digging... find out about your family history. weigh the pros and cons... alot of children have no side effects.. .while others.. like. me... run as fast as they can from shots. Its a double edged sword. Vaccinations have saved countless lives... and yet.. just like ANYTHING injected.. or taken orally.. or ANY medication.. for some.. can cause serious problems. Just look at the birth control debate.. or the just look into the antibiotic levequin...oOOo Ooo  thats some serious... yet life saving stuff there. personally... if you are really wanting to give your child the vaccines.. spread them out.. get preservative free.. and wait longer until his immune system is stronger.  I still dont get why they give like 6 at one time.. its crazy. if he does have a reaction.. how do you know which one to avoid later down the line? no people are alike. if your doc says no to this plan.. RUN. its YOUR child..