Immunization & Vaccine Community
Are there dangers in getting the same vaccine twice?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Hello.  My daughter got two vaccine shots at school today.  She's almost five now.  The thing is, she went to her doctor on an emergency about two months ago and he gave her one which he said was due when she turned five.  Being an emergency, I didn't bring the immunization card and so it wasn't written on it. I forgot about that shot when I took her card to school and she got two today, MMR and the DPT/OPV.  I am fearing that one of these, moreso the DPT/OPV, was the one she had already got two months ago.  What can possibly go wrong if she got it twice?
The MMR is given at 12 months and again around 4-6 years. It is given in the leg or in the fatty tissue in back of the arm. The DPT is given usually in the upper arm so that is probably the one she got twice. Its also the one that would probably be given in the ER since they usually ask if you've had one lately. If there were a problem, it would have occured very shortly after the vaccination, such as a really sore arm. If your daughter hasnt had any unusual reaction or an unusually sore arm, she's probably ok.
Hi, my daughter is 1-1/2 years old and she received opv vaccine today , which i felt was not given properly can she receive another one is it okay to receive again a second vaccine
In a month, blood can be drawn by a doctor to see if the vaccine was effective. These are called vaccine titers. If the titers show that the child has immunity, no further vaccine is needed. If they are negative for immunity another vaccine can be administered, but in my opinion there's not really a wrong way to give vaccines unless the dose was too low. Check with your doctor and he/she can give you a definitive answer.
My son who is two years old received his one year and six month vaccine because I had lost his immunization booklet and was pretty sure he didn't take it. I was just wondering if he did infact take it when he was one year and six months and again the same vaccine  at 2 is it dangerous???
Hi I get the Td this month but at college they want the Tdap is there any risk in getting the vaccine again now after 20 days from the first vaccine, because I needed as soon as possible .