Immunization & Vaccine Community
Can i have tetanus??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Can i have tetanus??

So 24 hours ago i poked my forehead with a rusty nail doing some work in the shed. It barley punctured the skin. I put a piece of toilet paper over where it hit and there was the tiniest little pink spot smaller than a grain of salt. but there was still some blood there never the less. i highly doubt I've had my tetanus shot in the last 10 years. Do i have to go and get a tetanus shot now?? or is it to late?? what should i do?
Tags: tetanus
I'd go get one.  Whether or not you need it from this incident, it is a good thing to have backing you up for the next time you do some work in the shed.