H1N1 reaction
I am a 46yo previously very healthy ER nurse in the USA  with hx of graves and possible Sjogrens. Had seasonal flu vaccine Oct1/09-7 days later had tingling in head and shoulders and lt arm went numb-adm to hosp for neg cardiac work-up. Had H1N1 Novartis vaccine Dec9/09-6 days later adm to hosp with tingling head,arms,legs and weak legs,extreme tiredness,dizziness and no appetite with no abn findings. Now,almost 6 mths later I continue to have episodes of same off and on,although not as intense. I have seen Int. med, neuro,hematology,inf. dx,cardiology,rheumatology with no diagnosis. Only neuro and inf dx doctors agree this is a vaccine reaction. Next week I'm seeing an MS specialist as brain MRI shows a single plaque suspicious for MS. Neuro says plaque could just be inflammation,virus or from vaccine. Interestingly my 44yo sister in Canada had same reaction 6 days after H1N1 vaccine. She has hx reynaud's and possible Sjogrens. I am able to work full time but struggle on some days. I never had anxiety prior to this illness, but am scared this will be permanent. I also have a hx of multiple vaccinations in 1990 due to being a healthcare worker and travel/work in mid east and remote Africa. Is there more incidence of reaction with hx autoimmune dx or with multiple vaccination?  
Hi Lorie - Sorry to hear that you have had an adverse reaction to the flu  shots. I would like to refer you to the forum title Tingling after Swine Flu vacc Chapter 2 which has over 800 entries from a community pf people who have had the same experiences. There are volumes of very interesting info from people and medical professionals from around the world.

I am also one of the people who had this reaction - had the same symptoms, and it has been a very scary time, especially when I was in the hospital - I thought I may die, which was very traumatizing and I am slowly working through the huge amount of stress and resentment and anger and sadness I had becasue of this shot. Things are better now, with a very slow but sustained improvement.

I experience anxiety as well as this thing waxes and wanes and relapses and reflares. I am 5 months post vacc.

It's amazing that you have been able to work - I can't imagine what you have had to deal with - this illness and a full time nursing schedule.

From what we understand we will all heal up but it could take 1 year (yes you read correctly (12 months) for a full recovery. There are many medical theories as to why some react to vaccs and others don't. Known reactions occur with tetnaus/flu alot.

It's a very yucky thing. Hang in there and check out the other forums - you can read for hours :)

Cathy