Immunization & Vaccine Community
Hepatitis B Immunization Inquiry

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Hepatitis B Immunization Inquiry

I just want to ask if my anti-HBs decreases below the cut off level, do I need a booster or another series of vaccinations? Someone told me that even though my anti-HBs decreases to zero, I still have cellular immunity to hepatitis B. So I won't be needing another immunization. The important thing is that my previous immunization was successful, meaning to say, I was able to generate enough anti-HBs from that immunization.  Any comment on this?

Thank you very much!
Hi!
For Hepatitis B vaccination, it is very important to complete the three doses of the vaccination. Thereafter even if the antiB titers fall, the immunological memory remains for more than 25 years. The titer is re-checked if there is potential contact with infected blood or the person has low immunity for some reason. Usually if your first immunization was successful, you would not need a repeat immunization. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much for that great information! I really appreciate it.