Immunization & Vaccine Community
Is it possible to receive the DTaP too many times?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it possible to receive the DTaP too many times?

My daughter is 8 years old with Idiopathic Genetic Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia. Anywho her immunologist wants to test her immune system by giving her the DTaP then testing her blood in six weeks to see how her immune system reacts. Here are my concerns. First everywhere I have read online states clearly that DTaP is not licensed for children 7 and older. Also if I let her get this round of DTaP it will be her now 7th time receiving it. Does anyone know if its possible to get too many injections of the DTaP?