Immunization & Vaccine Community
Long term vaccine affects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Long term vaccine affects

I have been having chronic dry mouth and throat and globus issues for over 4 years.  When this first started I was pretty sick, lost 40 lbs and have gained weight back but generally feel unwell every day.  Numerous specialists and tests and no answers.  Now having problems with thick phlegm and they don't know why either.
I have done some research on the Internet and Flu vaccine but don't see anything like this.
Odd thing is, it was 4 years I started getting the Flu vaccine and have gotten one yearly since.
I happened to think of that the other day.  Are these shots affecting my immune system?  If so, how dies one determine that?  I am now 63 and almost afraid to get a shot this year as I feel worse than last year.
Hi!
Your symptoms could be either due to Sjogren’s syndrome or due to menopause. Sjogren's Syndrome (SS) is an autoimmune disease which attacks the glands which that produce tears and saliva, resulting in their deficiency. To confirm, you need to undergo two main tests:  anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) and rheumatoid factor, the latter because it is possible to get SS secondary to rheumatoid arthritis. Typical ANA patterns in SS are positive SSA/Ro and SSB/La. SSB/La is more specific for SS while SSA/Ro can be present in numerous other autoimmune conditions. Apart from these tests, Schirmer's test to measure the production of tears, and a slit-lamp examination to look for eye dryness should be done by an eye specialist.
If you have symptoms like dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin, then symptomatic relief is given in form of artificial tears for eyes, drinking plenty of fluids, and applying moisturizers. Also, dental care is important. Please consult an internal medicine specialist. Other than this get a complete hormone panel done: FSH, LH, estrogen and progesterone. Consult your gynecologist once. Take care!
Thank you for responding.  I have had blood work and two biopsies for Sjorgens,mnegative. I think the other tests have been done. I see my Endocrinologist this week for follow up on thyroid nodules. I will ask her these questions.
Now, I am having major stomach issues. Had abdominal CT, MRI, endoscopy and colonoscopy, stool checks. gI doc thinks it is IBS but none of the meds he has given me help. I have been to ER twice and may have to go today. I have Omeprazole, Levsin, Zofran,mnothing helps.
I just get sicker and sicker.  Something is being missed.