Immunization & Vaccine Community
Malarone effectiveness after being in high temperatures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Hello, I am traveling around the world and purchased Malarone for my intended safari trip in Africa.  After looking at the details of the Malarone, I notice that it needs to be kept at a temperature that is 25 degree C with small periods between 15 and 30 C.  This has not been possible on my travels scuba diving in Galapagos on boats where the a/c did not work very well and living in a camper van in New Zealand for periods of time that were close to 0 degrees C.  My question is how long of a time period can it be stored away from the desired temperatures.  I have also put it in my checked luggage during a couple overseas flights and know that the luggage gets pretty cold.  The flight have been 10-15 hr flights. Please advise if I am at risk for using a ineffective Malarone and should not go to a malaria impacted area.

Secondly, on day 5 of the Malarone, I have not slept very well and ate great, but still may have jet lag from the flight from Australia to Joberg.  I have a slight throat irritation and lots of fatigue and muscle ache, however that could be from not sleeping.  Should any of this be of a concern for using Malarone and does the fact that I have these symptoms indicate in anyway that the malarone is working effectively?

Thanks,
Jeff