Immunization & Vaccine Community
Meningococcal Vaccine twice
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Meningococcal Vaccine twice

Any ill effects on getting  two shots of Meningococcal vaccine within 2 years, I am unable to find anything on the net regarding this, please help. Thanks...
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There should be no ill effects getting a second vaccination two years later.  If the vaccine given was Menomune, it only provides protection for 2 years - so those continually exposed would need to get a booster anyway. If the vaccine given was Menactra, it provides longer protection (5 years)...but getting another does two years later wouldn't cause any ill effects.
Blank
accidentally given meningococcal vaccines twice one year apart any concern?
Blank
my son took meningitis vaccine twice withen 7 months. what could happen
Blank
did you ever get any answers about getting two meningitis vaccine within 7 months.  I just found old doctors shot records and evidently the school did not document the first meningitis shot and it was required to enter into college so we got the shots and I just found the old records that show she had it 7months prior.  I cannot find anything online about this. Im concerned.  but I guess its too late.  I just want to know if we need to worry about side effects or something serious.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Immunization & Vaccine Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...