Immunization & Vaccine Community
Muscle Atrophy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle Atrophy

Why have I experienced muscle atrophy twice after two different flu shots?  The first was in my upper arm and the
second one was in my buttocks. These shots were given several years apart.  Also, they have only happened when I
had my primary care physician's office give the shot.  Other years I have not experienced muscle atrophy after getting a flu shot.  ( I get a flu shot every year.)  The atrophy in my arm went away after a few years.  The one in my buttocks has been there over a year with no sign of "filling in".  Is there something I should do to encourage my muscle to fill in?

This discussion is related to Allergy shot muscle loss.
Tags: atrophy