Immunization & Vaccine Community
OPPOSITION IN YOUR REFUSING TO VACCINATE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

HELLO, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD TERRIBLE PROBLEMS WHEN YOU DECIDED NOT TO VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN? DUE TO RELIGIOUS OR JUST PLAIN TERRIFIED OF THE POTENTIAL DAMAGES THAT THEY MIGHT CAUSE? PROBLEMS WITH SCHOOL, DOCTORS, FAMILY ETC. HOW DID YOU OVERCOME ALL OF THESE PEOPLE? HOW ARE YOUR CHILDREN TODAY? HOW IS THEIR HEALTH? IF YOU COULD GO BACK WOULD YOU DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN? JUST WONDERING, THE AMISH COMMUNITY HAVE VIRTUALLY 2% AUTISM  AND PERVASIVE  DEVELOPMENT DISORDERS IN COMPARISON TO THE REST OF THE WESTERN WORLD! HUMMMMM? SOMETHING TO GOOGLE ABOUT!!!!!   (STUDIES ON THE AMISH COMMUNITIES AND CASES OF AUTISM)  YOU WILL BE FLOORED!!!!!!    
I have 10 grandchildren and one great grandchild. The 10 were not vaccinated (at least not in early childhood, and when older had maybe a couple). The only one who has been sickly is the great grandchild, whose mother is not very sophisticated and accepts her pediatrician's protocol. One of my daughters has followed the vaccination bruhaha closely. She tells me that in the first year of life an infant will receive 64 vaccinations. It doesn't seem like that many, because each vaccination is a composite of several. That is a terrible assault to an young child's immune system. It amounts to giving the infant 64 mini illnesses to fight off. Can it result in autism? I don't know, but it sure as h**l can't be good for a little babe.

I am not sure how she got around the school requirements. I just know that she did. She is a very outspoken fighter, but if letting the authorities think she is a religious nut lets her get her way, I can see her doing that.
GOOD FOR HER! Glad to hear, I would do the same thing. Still trying to have one last one for the road so to speak :) Ha Ha! my clock is reeeally ticking! I'm sure that I will also have to site religious reasons but so what, it it means the health of my kids.  My have a 4 year old son who did receive his shots about 80% of them until I really started digging into what they put in them and I wasn't aware of all of the crap that is in the vaccines. I will do things so differently now that I know better!  I wish that I could make time go back. My son had a speech delay and well, he had none of the classic symptoms of adverse reaction to the shots maybe because I kind of spread them out a little more than usual, and I also made sure he was not sick at any time he was being vaccinated. Any way, I just hope that his abnormal speech apraxia/dyspraxia is not vaccine related. I might never know. I just have to get him the best speech therapist and the best supplements around  to help him beat this delay.  Thanks for your comment.
I'm middle of the road on the whole vaccination issue.  My children have had some vaccinations, but others I have refused.  With school issues, check your state's laws.  Each state is different - I am lucky enough to be allowed to refuse vaccinations for personal reasons, not just medical and religious.  I still have to struggle with the schools and doctors quite a bit about it all, though - so be ready for a fight.  I don't try to over-explain the situation, I just tell them that I do not want my child to get said vaccine (and repeat it as many times as they ask questions).  But, my situation is different since I do get some vaccines.  My children have been in good health - at least they haven't gotten anything a vaccine is supposed to prevent (except the flu).  If I could do it again (and I am doing it again with a newborn in the house), I would.

My belief is that it may not be a particular vaccine that causes autism, but rather a combination of several vaccines taking a toll on a body that already has the capacity for developing autism.  In other words, all the heavy metals in vaccines build up since we don't metabolize them... and together they can trigger autism - the more vaccines, the more metals, the higher chance of autism.  Do what you feel is best - but if you choose against all vaccines, be prepared to deal with a LOT of criticism.  Also, be prepared to keep your kids out of school for several days at a time - the schools here require that unvaccinated children be kept home when certain illnesses are present in the schools.  Good luck - this is a hard road for anyone!