Immunization & Vaccine Community
Shingles and warm water PT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Shingles and warm water PT

I am in water PT 2 days a week and started with the brake out of shingles this week. I go to a wellness center where the water is 98 degrees, I'm wanting to know if it is safe to still go and have my PT?
Hi!
Shingles can cause extreme sensitivity to heat or cold. Hence, you may find that you are unable to tolerate the heat. Also, heat can increase inflammation. Hence, please ask your PT therapist and the doctor treating you for shingles before going further with the therapy.
Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks Dr. Mathur, I have been back twice so far to PT and went well and they are now over half dried up, however I notice just last night I was starting to hurt and itch farther around on my back to other side, I also took my last 7 days of horse pills last night. I have a neurostimulator implant in the low back and the dang things are spreading now over the battery. Can you tell me if this can lead to any extra issues? I've only have this battery since July they had to replace it 3 months after implanting the whole stim.

Thanks Sherry
I needed a few vacacines before
intership and recieved a series of hep B and tetenus w/ purtussin also gardisell. And having these painfull itchy out brakes random spots like calfs, thighs and cheeks. Later learning that they where live or attenuated, is this normal? Are these symptoms related to shingles? MA. Mazur 26