Shingles in between breasts
Last Tuesday I went to the doctor because I noticed a rash in between my breasts the prior Friday that was now spreading.  She told me I had shingles and put me on Valtrax.  Though they don't really hurt unless I scratch them, 10 days later they are spreading higher up and onto and under my breasts.  They itch so badly that when I scratch them even through a shirt, they are open wounds and bleed.  I don't scratch them that often but sometimes I just can't help it.  Is there a cream I can put on them.  At night I've been putting alcohol on but my skin is starting to look all dry and wrinkly.  How long is this going to go on?  Should I revisit my doctor?
Hello!
In shingles there are blisters which break forming small ulcers that begin to dry and form crusts. The crusts usually fall off in 2 to 3 weeks. Antiviral drugs used in shingles help reduce pain and complications .They also shorten the course of the disease. You can take antihistaminic orally for itching or a soothing lotion like calamine may be applied locally after consulting your doctor. Maintain good hygiene and you need to be isolated till your lesions are oozing to prevent infecting other people. It may take 2 to 3 weeks to clear off. You may revisit the doctor to allay your anxiety. Do keep us posted.
Take care!