Immunization & Vaccine Community
Shingles in between breasts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles in between breasts

Last Tuesday I went to the doctor because I noticed a rash in between my breasts the prior Friday that was now spreading.  She told me I had shingles and put me on Valtrax.  Though they don't really hurt unless I scratch them, 10 days later they are spreading higher up and onto and under my breasts.  They itch so badly that when I scratch them even through a shirt, they are open wounds and bleed.  I don't scratch them that often but sometimes I just can't help it.  Is there a cream I can put on them.  At night I've been putting alcohol on but my skin is starting to look all dry and wrinkly.  How long is this going to go on?  Should I revisit my doctor?