Shoulder & Arm Pain long after Flu Shot / Vaccine
got the flu shot this year as I do every year. That was over 3 weeks ago and my arm/shoulder still hurts. It was so bad that last week I went to the doc after reading threads online. He said we could spend a lot of money on tests (which may come back inconclusive) and physical therapy (which may not really speed up the healing process) but in the end it is probably just a matter of time. He DID give me a steriod pack which I finished yesterday morning...the last pill. The steriods helped immediately, however yesterday when I woke up the stiffness is back in the shoulder and has gotten worse. Today I could barely get dressed.

At its worst, the pain was so bad that when I tried to remove my gown over my head I doubled over...unable to the complete the task. I had tingling and numbness in my arm and fingers, and down into my shoulder blade. At times the pain travels down into my pec muscles and into my arm pit. I have never had anything like this from past flu shots other than a little arm soreness that lasted a couple of days. This is different. We believe (at my office) that the shot was a little high and also a bit further towards the back of the shoulder than in past years.

Right now I can apply pressure to the spot where the shot was given and feel a dull pain all the way down into my shoulder muscle and arm. Cannot sleep on my left side and simple things like carrying a purse or pulling the covers up cause intense, shooting pain. Had to get groceries last nite and was able to do it (even though it REALLY hurt) so there doesn't appear to be a lot of weakness right now. The pain seems to be worse while in bed trying to sleep and in the morning. Esp in the morning...

Because of a lowered kidney function my doc has told me to limit NSAID intake. This is bad news since that is the only thing that actually helped the pain. Since I can't afford expensive tests or PT right now (and from reading the blogs they don't really seem to help much in the diagnosis or recovery) I'm gonna give it a little time...unless it gets worse and becomes unbearable again. I plan to keep checking back here and reporting the progress. I DID feel better after reading the posts because I realized this was apparently not just some funky anomaly that only I was experiencing.

I am probably going back in to see my doc to let him know about the result of the steroids (immediate relief) as well as the sudden return of the pain as bad as (or worse) than before when the steriods were stopped. This is very depressing...I try to do what I can to be healthy and I actually wind up causing a problem. I have read that it could be needle placement (i.e. nerve, punctured bursa, muscle hematoma) or a reaction to the vaccine itself (preservatives, etc.). I am a 51 yr old female always received a flu shot never more than soreness for a couple of days. Guess I'm hoping for a miracle...everyone else reporting these symptoms indicates that recovery is VERY slow and takes many months up to a year. However, I have yet to see where someone pinpointed EXACTLY what the problem was...
I had a flu shot on 9/28/2013 - four hours later my thumb, 1st and 2nd finger were numb.  It is now about 45 days later (month and a half) and the numbness has not changed.  I have experienced such arm pain (like many of the posts) that I could not put on a shirt, can't hold anything with that hand - along with a lot of other limitations.  I was told to see a hand specialist by the primary - and then took a neuro-stimulator test ... so far...no diagnosis; no helpful data, treatment, nothing.  I did take a course of prednisone which was no help at all.  Now what?
The government always denies its medical and chemical blunders. No doubt they will tell you your problems have nothing to do with the flu shot. Because your problems (and mine) don't exist, how can there possibly be a diagnosis or a treatment?
You describe the exact symptoms I have starting right after a flu shot in my left arm.  I had a massage which helped tremendously, however, the pain is back with a vengeance.  It comes and goes with no apparent reason.  I thought I was nuts to think it was the flu shot as I am a nurse and get them every year whether I want to or not.  Today is unbearable and NSAIDs don't help much.  It is horrible pain and I hope it goes away soon.  I am no cry baby but it never stops and it wears you down.  I am an otherwise healthy active 55 year old.  My shoulder, deltoid, and sometimes hand hurts.  More with activity and snap crackle pop with movement.
Got a flu shot 5 weeks ago.  Have the same symptoms as above. The pain is so bad can't lift my arm, sleep on my left side, hard to take shirt off, wash my hair.I have never had a flu shot until this year.   I was sick for 4 days following the flu shot now this.   I am going to doctor this week and hope to get some results.   Has anyone had any luck filing a claim?  Any good treatment plans?
wow ive been wondering whats wrong with me! I had flu shot 15 days ago and have such shoulder pain I cant dress myself. I thought I was getting arthritis.
"File a claim"? Do you mean sue the government? HsHs. They would have to admit there were serious dangers to the flu shot. Can you see that happening? Then all the drug houses producing the vaccine would lose millions and millions of dollars. Our government can't let that happen.
I got a flu shot and 3 other shots on 12-20-13 2 in one shoulder 2 in the other one. When the nurse put the needle in, it hurt alot more then the others. when she pushed the syringe and the stuff entered my body, it felt like she stab me with a knife in my shoulder, it really hurt bad it hurt for about 15 mins then the pain let up then the next day i woke up it was back but in both shoulder it hurt alot more in my left arm then my right. the pain was so bad that when I tried to to get dressed and put my arms over my head  I had tingling and numbness in my arm and fingers, and down into my shoulder blade. At times the pain went into my arm pit. I have never had anything like this i never had a flu shot before tho i am 15 years old.so u no I can apply pressure to the spot where the shot was given and feel pain all the way down into my shoulder muscle and arm. Cannot sleep on my left side but can on my right side but the right side still hurts but i stand to sleep on that side  and simple things like pulling the covers up grabing a cup off the table,brushing my hair. cause intense, shooting pain. right now. The pain seems to be worse while in bed trying to sleep and in the morning.  i have not been back to the docs yet because it is xmas weekend and it only been tree days and want to see if it gose away. i dont do good with pain at all. i took over the counter pain pills. i hear everyone saying they had this pain for 3-5 week i dont no if i can bare that plz help if you have info that help u plz tell me thxs
Hello -

I had a complete and massive rupture of my rotator cuff (right arm) 2 years ago, so I have a pretty good frame of reference re: shoulder injury.  My flu shot this year (14DEC2013) was administered in my left shoulder (very high) and my left shoulder hurts worse than when I tore the muscles in the right shoulder.

Has anyone found the secret to recovering function and eliminating the pain?  I am not one to take pain killers but the constant aching of my left shoulder is making me consider pills for relief.

Please provide update if anyone has found a remedy.  
  Thank you
   Furio
I hope by now your arm is better.  Mine is better but not good.  I had a flu shot on 12/17/13 and it naturally felt sore .  Then on 12/23 we had 36" of snow and I had to shovel my driveway.  After that, I could not raise my left arm without using my right arm to lift it up.  I could not put a shirt on over my head.  I've had sore muscles before from shoveling but nothing like this.  I can touch the spot on my arm where I received the shot and still feel pain a month later.  This is injection site pain, not snow shoveling pain.  I believe the pharmacist who gave me the flu shot hit a nerve or tendon or maybe bone.  Nerves take a really long time to heal.  I do feel like it gets a little better every day but still have a ways to go.  I don't know what ever possessed me to let a pharmacist  give me a flu shot, but this will be the last time for that.  In the meantime, I have found Advil helps some.  I am reluctant to try ice or heat as I feel it is slowly healing and don't want to undo the progress I've made.      
I had my flu shot 12/18. Now almost a month later I'm still in pain. I can do push-ups but any lateral movement, such as extending my arm directly out to the side and pushing against a wall is almost impossible. It hurts to sleep on. If I put my arm directly out from my body to the side, I can barely raise it. I am beyond frustrated as I know all of us are. My shoulder was fine before this shot. I contacted my doctor about a week ago via email and he said last year when he got HIS shot it hurt for a month - he acknowledged maybe a nerve had been irritated. He asked me to give it more time. Some days are worse than others. Ibuprofen helps but I'm not going to take that every day and it's not an answer. I'm at the point of considering pursuing this through my primary for further evaluation. I DID notice that the shot was up very high in the deltoid. And it hurt VERY badly going into the arm. If anyone has had a positive story/resolution, please tell us?

FOLLOW UP:  (1/29/14)
I had a follow up with my primary today. Had my flu shot 6 weeks ago. After an extensive range of motion testing, questions and him feeling the area that is tender, he said it's bursitis and likely caused by the vaccine fluid being injected into the bursa space because of the shot being given too high. My pain involves lateral movement and is acute with direct pressure on the very upper deltoid, just beneath the cap of the shoulder. Tender to push in on that area. He told me to take NSAIDs for a solid week on a schedule, ice 4 times a day, and if it's not better in 10 days, he wants to send me for a cortisone shot. Please everyone else, update us on your progress?

FOLLOW UP (2/8/14)
I wanted to post an update. I did the NSAIDs (Advil, 400mg twice a day) and the icing 4x's per day, as instructed by my doctor. I did this for one week. It helped a LOT. Pain was almost gone and under control. My doctor said to do this for one week and if things were not better to come back and he would send me for a cortisone shot. I stopped the Advil and icing yesterday. Today, the pain is back. Not as bad as it was before, but almost. Very discouraging. Clearly the NSAIDs and ice were keeping the inflammation under control, but that's not a permanent solution. Any one else have any updates? Please?
Hi Misslou26,

I just got a job at a hospital and just recently had my first MMR and 12 days later I started getting severe pain in my arm.  It is now going on day #8 and I still have it and have to go for physical therapy.  I am scheduled to have my 2nd MMR shot on March 3rd but I am so afraid to get it.  What is your suggestion?
Does your work require you to work in a hospital?
I had my flu shot yesterday as  mandated by the hospital that I am about to work for. I can barely dress myself but I get the job done. I woke up at 2 am and 4 am with arm pain. I have to sleep with my arms stretched out. I hope this too shall pass in a week the most!

KST
shut up
I am 40 years old and I've never had pain like this before from a flu shot. I've been getting the flu shot for almost 15 years and I've never had one give me a reaction like this. I told the nurse when she administered it to me that it felt like she hit the bone, as it was given up very high on my shoulder where there was virtually NO meat!!! I have no significant medical history as I'm generally very healthy person, not a complainer, and I'm very active. I love to ride my horses however I haven't been able to since getting the shot 2 weeks ago because there's no way I could get a saddle up on them.  I have no arm strength when I reach out and/or around to my back and simple movements take my breath away. Sleeping on my side is impossible because of the stabbing pain. It is very discouraging to read how long some of you have been dealing with your pain and I hope and pray it'll go away for all of us.

I also hope that everyone continues to post comments on their experience and what if any treatments have helped them.
I got my flu shot Sept 2012 and left arm & shoulder have never been the same. For the longest time I could pin point exactly where the needle went in.  Pain would shoot out of the spot but Dr couldn't feel anything & gave me a strange look. As time has gone on, my shoulder aches all the time, arm is weak & forget about raising it up.  Getting my top off is a whole new procedure for me.  I have mentioned to several doctors & they say apply ice & then heat. Lately my left side has been aching & my back on left side.
Aleve is the only thing that works for me. I only take when I would like a break from the pain.  This is just too weird!
I got my shot on October 8 2014. Today is Oct 30 2014 and it still hurts. It was given high on my arm. Went to the Doctor and he says the shot probably hit a nerve. He prescribed naproxen 500 mg twice a day. It helps some. I went to an accupuncturist and it did not help. Going back next week to see it the treatment helps on the second visit. I will stop if it does not help cause it is costing me 40 dollars a visit. I have been massaging it my self under hot water in the shower. Then I put olive oil when I get out of shower. This has helped more as I can move my arm a little more with no pain. I still am careful when I dress as I want to keep it movable but do not want to aggravate the pain. Still having trouble sleeping. Going to try sleeping with a sling. Hopefully it will go away. A friend at work tells me her sister's shoulder was also injured with the flu shot and her arm still hurts after 15 yrs. This is scarry. HEB pharmacy in Texas adminstered the shots at our work site. Will never get the flu shot again,and I warn everybody that I can. HELP
Make damn sure they give u the shot 1/3 or more below the top of your trapezoid muscle.  Otherwise the muscle may be thin enough that the shot goes through the muscle and into the bursa. That seems to be what causes all this severe pain and immobility.  The bursa is a sac filled with lubricating fluid.  
It was not the flu shot's contents that was the problem.  Almost certainly the needle went through the muscle and into the bursa.  This causes what the doctors call deltoid bursitis, inflammation of the trapezoid muscle area's bursa (a sac containing lubricating fluid).  The shot is supposed to go in at an angle not perpendicular to the arm and the needle should enter 1/3 down or more of the trapezoid muscle.  I asked the INTERNET, which knows everything, and that is what it said  lol.
If the severe pain started within 48 hours of getting the shot and has lasted more than 6 months, you can file a claim with the (National) Vaccine Injury Compensation Program VICP.  You should also file a report with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System VAERS.
I got a four in one flu shot on October 14,2014 and my left arm has hurt since. I also,cannot sleep on my side nor raise my arm for any extended period of time. It wakes me up every night. The pharmacist gave the injection low on my arm nowhere near the thick muscle area. I was told by others this was not the correct place. It hurts all of the time. Went back to,walgreens to file a report as well as online to VAERS. I will see. Y regular physician this week for some stronger meds to get some relief. I am just glad it was my left arm and not my right which I use all of the time. Will never go there again. Will only go to my physician for
Injections.

Did you ever get rid of the pain in your arm? My wife is in her second month of pain from a shingles shot and is sounds identical.
It's the Deltoid muscle that the flu shot is injected into. For the average adult a 1" needle is used with full penetration at a 90 degree angle. There are landmarks that should be used, 2 fingers below the acromion process then locate the axillary fold and meet in the middle.

I am a nursing student and being a "Guinea pig" I let a student inject me with my flu shot. I realized later that she injected it high on my deltoid. I always get the usual 24 hr soreness. I got my shot on oct 23, 2014 and I am still having pain. It throbs all day long, whether I take NSAIDS or not. Certain movements are almost impossible such as taking my shirt off over my head. Hot/cold do not work either. I went to the Dr and he said he thinks it's inflammation and put me on Celebrex, which isn't helping either. He said if it still hurts in 10 days (nov 23rd will be the 10 day mark) he wants me to see an orthopedist.
This is so interesting. I got my flu shot in Sept. and my left shoulder has been so painful. I never even considered the pain to be from the shot. The upper deltoid is so painful right now and I started rubbing it. It feels like there's a hard knot the size if a golf ball in there. I remember when I got my shot the nurse told me my muscle was so dense and she had never seen that before. I do workout but am far from buff. Very difficult to use my left arm now when I workout. I have to modify everything. A couple weeks ago I had to take a norco because the pain was so bad and I haven't taken a narcotic in 20 yrs! I couldn't even get my shirt on. I looked up injection site complications and found all of these posts. I don't think it's bad enough to go to the doctor right now. I definitely think I got a terrible shot way too high. I'm an RN and should have said something but kept my mouth shut. I've given a lot of IM injections and never that high on the arm above the deltoid.
Sorry I posted twice. I'm new to this site
Tomorrow will be 7 weeks of pain for me. I would feel stupid going to an orthopedist over a flu shot but I'm getting worried it did some sort of damage. It no longer throbs all day, but certain motions feel like my arm is being ripped off. It also pops way more than normal, even small motions like running my hand through my hair.
I received a flu shot because it became a mandatory thing for my job. I would usually never go for one. I do not believe in them. I held out for one month at work, wearing a mask, honestly I was bullied into getting a flu shot, being treated like crap by certain individuals there, because I did not comply with their system.  So any way, got the flu shot. Almost immediately I had numbness down my entire arm to my hand, felt increased pressure down to my thumb.Within 20 minutes I had horrible pain, medially thru my bicep.  It got so bad the pain, muscle spasm, radiated into my chest for 4 hours
I have had unceasing pain in my shoulder ever since.
Finally saw MD, was put on NSAID for two weeks. She had never heard of such a thing, and is reluctant to say it is related to the flu shot.   I cannot getdressed, undressed, sleep, adjust myself in bed without pain.....I am so very upset about this, I didn't want this shot to start with, now this crap....
I have received flu shots for the past 6 years and have not had one single problem until this year. We may not know the exact issue with the strain this year but I do believe there is an issue or perhaps it could be the way it was administered. My shots have always come directly from hospital administration until this year. I was unemployed at the time but receiving a flu shot is important to me so I had it done at the local neighborhood drug store. I received my shot the first week in November, it has now been nearly 8 weeks later and I still feel the discomfort of lying on my arm. The constant pain has gone but there is definitely discomfort when lying on that arm at night.  All of this is very disturbing but if I had it to do over again, I do believe I would get the shot. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. It's a risk worth taking for me. I think it was the way my shot was administered so I am just going to ride this one out cause I do believe that I'm on the home stretch.
I got my Flu shot in the Doctor's office on Sept. 2014. Today 3/15/2015. I am still in pain. I've had a Xray, MRI and was told my shoulder was inflamed. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot and told me start therapy which I did for six weeks. It hasn't helped. I can't sleep at night because the pain is worse at night and morning. I went back to the Doctor but he doesn't believe it's from the flu shot. Now he want's to do a Platelet rich plasma test. He told me to go back to Therapy again. I'm getting fed up. The therapy gave me a little better range of motion but I still can't put my arm behind my back without pain. I don't know if I need to see another Doctor and what kind of Doctor. I've been seeing a Orthopedic specialist.    
I got the flu shot in sept also and my left arm  has been bothering me for the last couple months went to the dr's said I had bursitis then went back two week later arm swollen , was sent to pt and this is my second week been doing stretching excise and they put a patch on before I leave with some medicine have to leave on for two hours. have to go back on Tuesday and going to ask for the ultra sound that is for deep down in the skin for inflammation if that does not help going back to dr's for shot . i'm tired of this pain
I've been seeing a orthopedic doctor and just completed six weeks of Therapy. I'm still in pain with limited movement. I got my flu shot September 29th 2014. The pain is worse at night and I can't put my arm behind my back. I've read so many cases like this. My doctor doesn't believe it's from the flu shot. I guess they all stick together . CBS news had a news article about this. These are real cases. I don't think this pain will ever go away. I've gotten a cortisone shot and it helped a little but only for about two weeks.
I received my flu shot in Sept 2014 and I noticed then that my arm was unusually sore with limited movement from the shot but thought it would go away in a few days. Today,  I am in horrible pain!  I cannot lift my arm to my side, above my head, sleep on my side and if I make certain movements, I feel like I have just broke my arm in to! It will bring me to my knees in pain! Tramadol, lortab, mobic, nor muscle relaxer have given me relief. Anybody with any suggestions, it would be so greatly appreciated.
#Update-  4/27/15
Here I am 7 months later, shoulder x-rays, MRI, 6 1/2 straight months of physical therapy 2-3 times per week, 3 shoulder steroid shots and a diagnosis of chemical bursitis!  Next week I see the specialists again and am getting another MRI to determine if I will now benefit from arthroscopic debriedment of the bursa or if maybe another steroid shot is needed. I am still in a lot of pain, however NOT as much as when I first got the flu shot. I have had improvements but internal rotation is a huge problem. After my last steroid injection (under sonogram guidance!) I can lift my arm straight up with minimal discomfort, but straight up and reaching toward the 1 o'clock position it starts to really hurt .  On the steering wheel 3 o'clock - 5 o'clock position hurts so bad I could vomit!  I might add that in the few weeks after my 3rd shot these movements didn't hurt me, but now I feel the steroid is wearing off and pain is returning.  
See my previous posts as your complaint is identical to mine. I too received my annual flu shot last Sept 2014 and after physical therapy 2-3 times per week since October 2014!!! I've had x rays, 2 MRI's, and 3 steroid shots!!! I was told by the orthopedic surgeon (who happens to practice at the same hospital that gave me my flu shot!!!), he rolled his eyes at me and said I just have a lot of swelling in my bursa because that's where the shot went and that i basically needed to just wait for it to go away!  I finally asked my family dr if he'd refer me somewhere else and he thankfully did because they found out that my bursa had a tear and needed debriedment and repair. All from a flu shot that was given too high!  It has nothing to do with the concoction of the shot either! it has everything to do with the placement. Just yesterday I had my surgery and it's too soon to tell, but the dr that did my surgery feels that my motion will be restored. He also did tell me that he has seen this before from a flu shot so don't let anyone make you feel like it cannot happen because it CAN!  Keep talking with doctors until you find one that'll listen to you.
So 13 months months post flu shot I am STILL in pain. I did go to an orthopedic surgeon in January. He did X-rays and said the bones are fine, which I already knew. He gave me an option of a cortisone injection, an MRI, or surgery. I chose the cortisone injection and yes it gave me relief for about 2 months, for the first time I could lift my arm over my head without pain. It almost seems as if it "wore off" in about March. I started getting throbbing pain in my arm intermittently and it's almost constant now. I can lift it over my head though. I have not been back, mostly because I start the LPN-RN program in January and do not want to find out something is wrong with it and not be able to start school. So for now, I will continue to endure and eventually get an MRI and see what is really going on. I am required to get another flu shot for school, I am afraid to do so, but it is mandatory.
Myarmhurtstoo... You wrote this post 5 years ago. I would love to hear how are you feeling right now. I hope you found a solution for your pain. That would give us a lot of hope.
I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Best regards.
My flu shot was on 9/29/2015. Today is 1/2/2016 and still haven't been able to tie my bra. Yes I can lift it up a little bit more than before but that's it
I had the FLU shot on November 10th 2015 all of the stories above echo the same conditions I am experiencing. The shot felt surprisingly more "FORCEFUL" than all those I'd had in the past. My arm was sore for days and days but that is to be expected. BUT the soreness and fatigue and weakness persist it's now over 2 months. I saw a nurse practitioner who ordered an echocardiogram stress test which I passed with flying colors. I saw my real doctor today and she said she had a patient just last week with the same symptoms. She has referred me on to a muscular skeletal expert to have an EMG test performed. I'll update this post when I find anything positive  to report.
I took a flu shot and a whooping shot for the first time in my life. Is been 5 weeks since i had the shots. I been sick since then, i have the flu symptoms and still runny nose, the worst of all last week my middle finger start swelling and hurting bad,  and today January 17th 2016 i woke up with a pain so bad,  my left little finger it hurts so bad,, it makes me cry from pain. I will wait to see what is going to happen, all tho i will start taking  lots of vitamin C because i see my immune system is shutting down. I have autoimmune problems. I don't trust doctors they never do anything to help you except  give you drugs.I will try to get my immune system up. As i did 12 years ago.  Litsa 01-17-16
I also just had the flu and whooping shot the other day and now my arm that they have me the flu shot in is extremely sore to where I can't move it
Hi I'm knew here.
I had a flu jab in Oct 2015 now January 2016 and I'm off work with a lowered immune system. My arm is in so much pain where I had the flu jab. I've also got arthritis in my joints and fingers, I am seing a Rhumatoligist who is mind blown. I too am a nurse and can't function properly let alone look after my patients. I will never again have the flu jab even though I am asthmatic. The aftermath is too much I think I would have sooner just have  had the flu!
I bad got a flu shot and another vaccine in the other arm  on December 4 ,2015 my arms are killing me to this day there are stiff and hurt bad , I got mine done at Metro ,never bad a prob before with the shots
I got a flu shot and pneumococcall PCV13 shot approx. 2 years ago and I could not sleep on either side of my arm; the pain was excruciating ... please note I have never experienced pain from any previous flu shots I have received; but I believe it was the way she jabbed it into my bone from behind cause I had a shirt  on and stuck it firmly and deeply into the bone.  Thereafter I got my flu shots at the pharmacy I go to and never experienced this again.  However, I had a doctor's appt. and she said it was time for my other PCV13 shot so here it is again .... I fell asleep when I got home; woke up to a painful shoulder and then the pain radiated my entire arm and I lost my mobility and had difficulty washing my face; etc.  I put ice on it and took 2 alleve and still the pain was there and I had difficulty sleeping last night where the shot was placed in the right arm; and I woke up today and it is still there so I called my doctor's office and the nurse informed me to ice it and it will take a couple of days .... I read the shot should be placed at a 90 degree angle and not directly jabbed into the bone mass. and she said the placement was high on the arm near the shoulder .... never again am I going to get another vaccine shot if staff members do not know how to inject same ...... very frustrated .....
I has a B shot 7mo ago. And still my right arm hurts so bad that I can't pick up or hold anything! I can't even take off my shirts. Even just sitting around its a constant stabbing.  I've went to my Dr they tell me it's normal & will take time to heal. Please I'm not stupid something is not right & everyone thinks I'm crazy or making it up. I use essential oils for the pain, hot packs & NOTHING TAKES IT AWAY.  I still feel the bump were in got it. I just wish someone would believe me. I wish I could find out what the heck going on. buglynn69
please note, I have known and spoken to several individuals who are much older than I and have never experienced pain in the arm; I will never authorize another flu and or PCV13 shot at this facility .... lessons learned .... this occurred 3 times already ......
Your symptoms sound like mine and from my research it is called S.I.R.V.A and it happens when the vaccine us done improperly into your shoulder and damages nerves and the bursa... continue to monitor your symptoms if they last longer than 6 months you should getbxrays and me us to see what damages may have occurred...  a lawsuit is likely
Nope no lawsuit.  cant sue the pharma or the practitioner who administered the vaccine.
I am sorry to hear of your discomfort but it sounds like the needle caused a subcutaneous melanoma. This is intentional to increase the efficacy of the vaccine and there are also pain killers and fever reducers in the flu shot - if there wasn't you would spike a fever of over 104!
But it sounds like the damage is done.  I would ask your dr to see if you now have Arthritis in the shoulder and you might opt for a shoulder replacement surgery.

Also, ask for your dr's files to see if there was a problem with the batch of vaccine you received.  You can not sue the manufacture for any wrong doing - thanks to  congress passing a law making it illegal to sue the bug pharms but you can find out if there were others with the same problems and then contact them to find out how they resolved their issues.

I have the exact same issue right now. How did it resolve?