Immunization & Vaccine Community
Side Effects of Gardasil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Side Effects of Gardasil

My daughter is 15 and on Thurs June 5, 2008 she received her second shot of Gardasil. A couple of hours later she complained of difficulty breathing. I took her to the ER where they could find nothing wrong with her and made me feel as if I were crazy to think it was the Gardasil shot. They gave her a nebulizer treatment which didn't help and sent her home with a perscription for Albuterol, which too has not helped. Both her primary doctor and an allergist I took her to said it probably was not the Gardasil and diagnosed her with Bronchitis. She has no signs of bronchitis, no phlem, cough or wheezing. My pharmacist said we need to continue with a different opinion since bronchitis always has some sort of wheezing, coughing or phlem. My daughter was completely healthy until she received that shot. Can anyone help me??
Yes - go to oprah.com and view the message boards. Click on Health, then Immunizations and then Reactions to Gardasil. Be forwarned  - it has some scary side effect information. But knowledge is power. Check it out.
Please report his to vaer.  You can do it, it does not have to be a parent.  Vaccine Adverse Event report (VAERS) keeps a database so people, fda and researchers can see if there may be post marketing problems. Good luck and your daughter is not alone.  Cut and paste link below to get to report
https://secure.vaers.org/VaersDataEntryintro.htm