Spasms after a tetanus vaccine
I had my foot punctured with a splinter about 2 days ago. I had HtIg and TT vaccines 24 hours after the incident. I noticed muscle spasms on both my lower extremities up to my thighs 24 hours after the vaccination... Is it normal for me to experience this? or should i go seek medical help immediately? thanks
Hi!
Tetanus vaccine usually doesn’t cause any serious reactions except for a mild soreness or pain at the injection site. Very rare side effects of this vaccine are fever, headache, confusion; convulsions, sleepiness and vomiting. May be you had experienced convulsions but it is very difficult to say anything without a clinical examination. The incubation period of tetanus is from 3–21 days, with an average of eight days. Usually the incubation period is longer if the site of injury is away from central nervous system. Seeking medical help and confirming the cause of your muscle spasms will be really helpful. Do write to us again.
Best wishes!