Immunization & Vaccine Community
Tetanus Shot side effects? Is this normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tetanus Shot side effects? Is this normal?

I had a small piece of metal lodged in my foot ( dont ask, I have no idea how this happened), I had it removed at the doctor today, and they gave me a Tetanus shot since I couldn't remember the last time had one.

I got home from the doctor at 1030 Am, and then fell asleep.I was completely knocked out until now 2:30 PM. I am usually never tired since I take a prescription amphetamine. But I am so tired I feel like I could sleep for days.

Is this a normal side effect? I knew my arm was going to hurt pretty bad, but didn't think I would be so tired I would just not go to work and sleep all day. If you anyone else has had this severe fatigue from the shot let me know, and let me know how long it took before you felt normal again.

I can't be this tired! I have a husband, 2 small chilren and a dog... they dont allow me to be tired :)