Tetanus Vaccination
How often do you need to go for a tetanus jab? I always thought it was every 10 years but someone recently told me it can be every 20 years if you want.

It is mostly done every ten years just to be on the safe side. 20 years is pushing it.
Dave
I just got back from the doctor today. I had a small piece of metal stuck in my foot ( OUCH) Anyway..The Doc told me Adults SHOULD get a booster ever 10 years. You can wait longer if you wish, and as long as you don't get any kind of cut you should be okay. If you do get a cut, especially with some sort of metal, rusty/dirty object then you definitely want to get the shot if you have not had one in the last 5 years.

I couldn't remember the last time I had one.. So I got one just 2 be safe. :)  I would rather get a jab in th arm, then end up with Tetanus. That would be terrible.

By the way.. It makes your arm REALLY SORE
10 years is the recommendation.

Funny, it didn't make Swampy's arm sore at all.
It is reccomended that you get a tetanus/diptheria booster every ten years unless there is a injury in which case if it has been more than five years you should get one then. If you have not had the new Tdap (Tetanus-diptheria-pertussis) vaccination, you should get it the next time you are due for a booster. It is a one time booster that includes the Pertussis vaccine. After that, you continue to get the regular Td shot.