Tingling - The path to recovery
I'm beginning to have problems in opening the forum and also writing is very slow. What about starting the third chapter? Coriecl, give your contribution!
Hi Everyone,

Welcome beautyaroundme, I am sure you will find this a wonderful support network, as I (and so many others) have found it to be. I am so grateful to have a resource like this one - it has helped manage my fears and helped resolve that niggly feeling that no matter what the doc's say - I know myself and I had not been right since my shot on Dec 11th - I am now 1 month post vacc and still experience the fall out, although it has gotten way better than 2 weeks ago.

I also have had many of the same thought processes you have, it's really hard to deal with, but if you keep telling yourself that it is a reaction of the sensory nerves caused by some type of immune reaction from the vacc - and not a more serious disease- that should help.

coriecl: Thanks for your note on recovery time - I had figured ot would take asmuch as that - slow and steady...

I still have lots of concerns and feel tired and just 'not well' /low energy and just 'affected' - am a loner on this? Has anyone felt sick in a really ungeneralized way?

Cathy
What nutritional therapies or other therapies are you doing?
I don't know what to say about Chlorella....I should take lots of these small pills during the day but I often forget...In the past few days I have also suffered from a strange headache, I fear it can be a possible side effect. Anyway, apart from this, I feel fine and  I am very happy to be alive, healthy and much more relaxed than I was even before having the shot; surely this experience has taught me something about life !
Hello! I take that back...it was spirulina that made my stomach sick, not chlorella. However, I just realized the other day that my vitamin/mineral powder has both chlorella and spirulina in it. It hasn't bothered me either.

I read that chlorella can mobilize mercury from the brain...maybe that's why you are having a headache. Make sure to drink lots of fluids and fibre to flush your system. In another month, my naturopathic doctor is going to test me for mercury and other metals. She wants to make sure my system can handle a more serious detox, if I show high for metals.

Yes, I know about the sudden epiphany of life. My medical doctor recommended I read some books "Turning the Mind into an Ally" and the "Healing Power of the Mind". He said it helped him after a car accident. I just borrowed them from the library and have just started to read.

I have an annoying yeast infection now. Not too bad, just annoying. I read that mercury can cause yeast infections, as well as, antibiotics - which I'm not taking. I'm trying to take natural supplements for that too but it just seemed to bring my tingling back more so now I'm not sure what to do. Take the supplements to get rid of it or stop until I'm more better???
Thank you for the suggestions on reading material.  I have been looking for something along these lines.  And my mind has been anything but an ally recently.  Another book that helped me in the past through a difficult time is a Dale Carnegie book "How to stop worrying and start living." One of my favorite sayings has always been that worrying is wasted energy.  Taking my own advice has proven to be difficult recently.  I do have to work on getting my mind in the right place.  I am also a big fan of some of Dr. Weil's philosophy.  I like how he makes a crossover between conventional medicine and more natural remedies.
Hey ladies - strange question.

have any of you noticed symptons being worse during your cycle week ?  I have not felt ice water in my vains in 2 weeks and now it's TIME and that's back as well.  Just an observation.
Hi - that would make sense. PMS and my cycle caused me to not feel so great again - just finnished and am hoping that I will feel better. Hoping :)

Cathy
Hi everyone!, i posted this on the old forum i wasnt aware there were 3 parts :) well here os my story. I received the h1n1 vaccine on Jan 7 around 1pm, after coming home 30 min later my right feet was numb I shook it off and it was gone but like 3 or 4 hrs later I felt palpitations on my left thigh (I got the shot on the left arm) so I thought ok I guess is normal I’m not feeling any kind of pain in my arm so I guess my thigh was doing all the work. On my 2nd day I woke up with a horrible pain on my right leg I got out of bed walk and and it went away, I didn’t have any palpitation feeling on my thigh anymore,  but on the second day the tingling sensation had  started; feet, toes, lips mouth, everywhere!! So I decided to hit the internet  and after readrying some post here I realize i was not alone with this. Of course I was freaked out about GBS, and still am a bit, but I guess anxiety is playing a big part in this. I’m always worrying about stupid little things on my everyday life and off course is making it worst, so on my 3rd day with the tingles on my feet. Toes and lips and again woke up with pain in my leg, I had a muscle relaxer which my doc had prescribe me and I will give it a few days to c how I do, if not I will head to the doc’s office by the end of the week. So happy a lot of people here are doing better. Yesterday was my 4th day with the thingles everywhere and driving me into the Verge of craziness! also my knee started to hurt soo bad i had to be in bed almost all day. Going on my 5th day today and i Haven’t Sleep a bit i;ll keep everyone updated and thanks everyone for listening.
Hi Jeiqu7: Sorry to hear that you're going through this.  Don't let your anxiety get the best of you.  Keep reading these posts to reassure yourself that this is temporary!  All of your symptoms are the same as we've all had.  The first few weeks will be the worst, but you will get better.   As you'll notice in the other posts, sleep will help you to recover faster.  I was given Ativan and never took it, but looking back I believe that I should have (for sleep and anxiety).  It was 2-3 weeks of virtually no sleep for me and it really wore me down.  I also found that the nights were the worst, so if you can take something to make you sleep, it's probably a good idea.   Keep us posted!
You should definitely see a doctor, especially if you're not sleeping - some of us have benefited from taking a mild sedative to sleep in the early days. As well, they may want to test your blood, etc. Plus, you should ask your doctor to report this to the CDC (I'm assuming you are in the U.S.?). If not, report it yourself. I know they are alot of postings on the three forums but if you read them they will give you an idea of how people have used nutritional and alternative therapies, and how people have progressed through this.

ALL: I think we are going to see more people on this forum since I heard Obama in the U.S. declare "vaccination week". Plus, here in Canada they have started up the TV ads again. And of course we keep hearing that there have been "no serious side effects".  I guess what happened to us, or the fact people have died or been paralyzed isn't serious. I sure would like to know what the **** they call serious then????

I saw someone I know yesterday while grocery shopping. I explained to her what happened to me. Right after she said, like she NEVER EVEN HEARD ME, she tells me that she's planning on vaccinating her family. I guess I looked shocked because she quickly came back with "oh, what happened to you was rare and I've never had a problem with a flu shot". Well, I never had a problem with flu shots before either!  I just had to shake my head. Sad :(
So sorry to hear about your post vaccine experience.  If you take the time to read the posts in all three parts of this forum, it will help put some things in perspective.  You were given good advice by lindac790 and coriecl.

Unfortunately, I didn't find this forum soon enough and went through a lot of unnecessary and irrelevant testing from people who were poorly informed or would not get themselves to believe my problems were as a result of the vaccine.  So be prepared for the fact that you'll encounter people in the medical community who will want to pin the cause on anything but the vaccine.

I am 3-1/2 weeks post vaccine and just starting to sleep a little better.  And keeping the anxiety level down is a real challenge.  Get informed, be patient and take one day at a time.  Keep us all posted.  We are all willing to listen.
Lindac790: how are you doing? are you still having symptoms?
Thanks for asking!  I am doing so much better.  I think the turning point for me was when I had some time off work at Christmas and was able to sleep and relax.  The tingling is pretty much gone except for the very odd time in my face, mostly after being out in the cold.   My muscles have stopped aching, so I think it's time to get back on the treadmill and try to regain some muscle strength.  This Friday will be 8 weeks since I got the shot.  
How about you?  That's crazy about your friend still planning on vaccinating her family after hearing all you've been through.  Hopefully she doesn't regret her decision.  I am from Ontario, Canada and it seems that about 30% of the population have been vaccinated.  Many of the people I talk to are opting not to get it, but the government is really pushing it with TV commercials and ads all over the place.  Every time I see one, it makes me so mad when they say it's safe.
I hope all is well with you.
Great to hear that you're doing so much better. I live in Canada too on the Westcoast so I hear those annoying ads too. I couldn't believe the full page ads in the newspapers though...blew me away! Do they bother to mention if you have a reaction you're on your own? There is absolutely no compensation in Canada if you're permanently injured by vaccines. Shameful.  

I started doing more physical stuff in the last few days and noticed that I had more tingling and muscle aches. Very annoyed by that! Very frustrating.

BTW: she's not a friend, but an acquaintance. If someone told me what they went through with a vaccine, I would have been freaked and NOT had it!

RO1939: wondering how you're doing too? Did you go back to the doctor?
Hello everyone,
Finally feeling more like myself.  I am sleeping much better and I have not been taking any meds for about a week and a half.  It's been since 11/13 since I have had the shot.  I hope everyone is feeling better as the days go by.  Take care.
What part of Ontario are you from?  We are right here on the border in western New York.  We have the same big push for the vaccine here.  And yes, if there is a problem you are on your own.  There are billboards all over town hinting that a third wave of the virus is coming  So get vaccinated.  Nothing negative is ever heard in the local media.  Glad to hear you feel like you are improving.  I'm just about 4 weeks into this, so I have a ways to go.  Your experiences are a source of comfort for me.
I am from Oshawa, Ontario, which is about 45 minutes east of Toronto.  My friends and I have enjoyed shopping in Buffalo/Amherst many times and our hubands have attended many Bills games.  
It seems that another common denominator of our situation is that no matter what country we are from, our medical communities in most cases, don't have many answers for us and the media has not informed people of the dangers of this shot.  It's so frustrating on many levels.  
I hope you are feeling better at the 4 week point.  During that period of time, I found that I had good days and bad ones and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it.  It's hard to be patient when you just want to feel like yourself again, but do take comfort in the fact that this is only temporary.  I took a long walk yesterday, and feel some muscle pain today, but I guess that's to be expected after me being a "couch potato" for so long.   The only other thing that seems to still occasionally come and go is the weird ear block feeling.  Oh well, this too shall pass.
Take care of yourself!
You are correct about the 4 week point being up and down.  But at least there is a little "quiet" time in between which is so refreshing and reminiscent of what things were like before all of this.  I also get the "ear block" feeling along with the weird sensation in the throat that others have spoken about.  It seems to stick with me on and off where others have said it just lasted a short time.  And they are both so annoying and sometimes painful. (Pain goes into the muscles of the neck.)  That part almost acts like a fibromyalgia of sorts.  At times I wonder if there is something in my ears or throat but I know that is not the case.  It can also seemingly involve the joints in front the ears.

Saw the neurologist today and all reports were good.  She did want me to up my Vitamin B12 since I was right near the lower limit of normal.  When I asked her about exercise (I'm tired of being a "couch potato" as well), she made it sound like the sky was the limit.  Like I could go out and run a marathon.  (I'll take a leisurely run to the Falls.)  Yeah, right!  It's not going to happen exactly that way.  It's going to be a gradual process even though I was a regular at exercise.  That's one example of how misunderstood this all can be.

This is Bills country as well as the home of the Sabres.  We have a lot of Canadian fans come over for the games.    We pass over the border numerous times to get together with our Canadian friends or just enjoy some of the happenings ourselves. Of course, now you have to carry a passport or get a Nexxus pass.  In my family, we were summer Canadians for years, spending the entire summer at the beaches and loving it!  We would commute into town for workdays.  Some of the best days of my life!  We always welcome shoppers from north of the border.

The U. S. government tries to insulate themselves as well from any problems arising from these vaccines.  That part is the same on both sides of the border.
Glad to hear your reports all came back looking good.  You're so right about this being misunderstood.  The doctors really don't get how bad we've all felt.  Funny thing about the B12, mine was  low as well.  I didn't realize it until they did the blood work after the shot.   It sounds like a lot of us had low B12.  I also have very low Vitamin D, which I was unaware of.  It makes you wonder if any of these deficiencies have contributed to our bad reaction to the shot.  I guess I am always looking for answers as to why this happened to otherwise healthy individuals.  We'll probably never know for sure.

Glad all tests are normal (this is the most important thing) and slowly we see improvement as a group. I am at the 4 week mark and I know I have a ways to go, but I know that others are here for me as they have passed through this awful time.

Peaceful sleep all,

Cathy
six weeks in still with relapses but I now have periods where I feel normal.The pain in the joints is there but not all of the time and the muscle cramps is now a feeling of tightness in my legs.I have found myself sleeping a lot to catch up from the lack of sleep.I think vitamins especially B12 are a very good idea I already take them due to a defficiancy.

Here in the UK they are now playing down the threat from Swine Flu as new cases have dropped right down, although the government are still looking to vaccinate the under 5's!

Take care
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I can't wait to feel normal again!!!

A question about B12 and D - what are the dosages? What is a good range if I want to incorporate into my diet?

Thanks,

Cathy
Cathy: maybe I can answer that. My naturopathic doctor has advised me to take:

B12 sublingual tabs (the ones you put under your tongue) 1 - 1000mcg AM and PM
B complex capsules 1 -100mg AM and PM
Liquid Calcium/Magnesium - 1 TBSP AM and PM
Good multivitamin/multimineral ( I use a powder that I mix into a breakfast shake) - once daily
Vit C - 1000mg AM and PM
Protein Powder OR Amino Acid Complex (I use a good protein powder that I mix with the vitamin powder into a breakfast shake) - once daily
Probiotic capsules or chewable tablets - 1 AM and PM
Omega 3 oil ( with Vit D in it) - 1/2 tsp AM and PM
Vit D - 1000 mg AM and PM
Circumin - I was taking circumin but I ran out and haven't bothered to get anymore

She has me spreading the doses out during the day because our body can only absorb so much at a time. All of these have an effect on our nerves, circulation, brain, etc. in different ways.  She has told me to stay on this a minimum of 3 months even if I am better before that time. And to definitely continue after that until I am.

PLUS, I have added 50 mg of alpha lipoic acid (ALA) once daily based on Dr. Weil's recommendation. He actually recommends 100 mg but I've heard that ALA can give some people heart palpitations...and I don't want that! I've had no problem with the 50 mg. ALA is used as treatment for tingling (peripheral neuropathies).

Now this is interesting to me: my symptoms have lessened in the last 3 days. Yesterday  
I had NO symptoms but it came back mildly today. I have a natural healer friend that recommended I take Opti MSM 1000mg once daily. Well, I did one day a few weeks back but I started tingling more the next day so I stopped it.

Just recently I read that Opti MSM (which is usually inc. in joint pain formulas along with glucosamine and chondroitin) is excellent for healing injuries. It's a derivative of DSMO; which has been used to treat patients with spinal cord injuries. So I thought I would give it a go again I'm on day 4. It apparently takes 2 - 21 days to work.  I'm not sure if that's why I had no symptoms yesterday or that it's been milder today. However, if anyone else wants to give it a go, let me know what your results are.

Yes, I'm very busy taking supplements! My esthetician friend saw what I was taking and started to laugh that I've probably quit aging now!! Well, there is a happy thought out of all of this!

Very informative and interesting. I have all of those vitamins and the proper amounts but I was only doing that once a day - I will try at night as well. Also need to find the liquid versions.

Thanks very much - will post tomorrow. Everyone sleep well et fait de beaux reves (sweet dreams in French :)

G'nite!
Haalloo, Francy?
Haven't heard from you in a bit!
Still doing okay?
To annie.....
Hey, also I live in Germany, we also have a house in england....I was born there....I am surprised that it has affected someone in the UK..where abouts do you live? I am near gatwick airport....I get angry each time I hear the adverts to vaccinate under 5 year olds...
Take care
...you just call out my name, and you know, wherever I am, I'll come running, to see you again....Great! I even sing James Taylor now! My dear friend, I've been very busy LIVING, that's why I haven't written for so long! I see that everyone here is pretty fine, more or less, and so the name I chose for the forum is really a good one! I'm happy to say that all this tingling stuff is becoming slowly a memory for me....DON'T get vaccinated: all this advertising and pushing to get the shot is because countries have SOOOO MANY doses left behind and they don't know what to do with them! Heaps of money wasted and sqandered. They are criminals....
Please, take care and stay well, I hug you all! Bye , Francy.
Francy: great to hear! and that you are singing! I am going to leave you a private message so that you can contact me if you ever would like to OR if you ever come to Vancouver, Canada ... you're probably not coming here for the winter Olympics next month I imagine?!!!
Live Live Live Well, Dear Lady!
All the best :)
How wonderful to hear you are doing so much better. Are you completely syptom free? Can you please refresh my memory as to when you were vaccinated? This is so encouraging! Thanks, Jullie
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. So glad I found it. You are all making me feel a little better. I too had the swine vaccine in early nov. That same night I had what I thought was a panic attack but now know I was having a reaction to the shot. About 3 days later I started tingling in my legs and it was all down hill from there. I have been to my PCP who refuses to believe this all has anything to do with the shot (I'm in the process of finding another one) and does nothing to help me. I have also been to a neurologist. I've had mris, ct scans, blood work, chest xrays, ekgs...all normal. I have started seeing a psychatrist bc my anxiety and panic over all this has almost drove me insane.I'm afraid I'm going to die.  Seeing that I was against the shot to begin with I'm really beating myself up about getting it.  My worst fear has now become a reality. I can say that the first couple weeks were the worst! I have never been through anything so awful in my life! The tingling is still there but has improved. I actually sleep through the night now (that is when I'm not worrying myself to death). I'm still twitching everywhere. I have also been getting these terrible migraine like headaches with the worst shoulder and neck pain and I feel like both my ears are aching. I also had that weird throat feeling and extreme dry mouth which has gone away. I'm sorry this is so long but I'm really at my wits end with this. I'm also a full time nursing student in my lasts semester. Trying really hard to not let this ruin everything I've worked so hard for. I just need some reassurance and hope that I will be my old self again one day. I've become so depressed and scared. I feel like I've driven my bf and fam crazy with my complaining and no one believes me. I'm only 23 and was perfectly healthy before all this. :(
I had the shot on Nov. the 9th....and yes, I'd dare say I am completely symptom-free...
Dear cup12, we all believe you and be certain that you will go back to your earlier self! This thing passes, sooner or later (different times for different peoples), but it goes away! Stay calm and never lose your your hope, you can see my case and also others.
A big hug, Francesca
Thx francy. I think it may be taking me longer bc I can't seem to shake this worry/stress when I feel these symptoms.  I am going back to ny dr today. Did anyone have stomach or indigestion problems? I have NO appetite and feel like my stomach is going nuts its so loud. This could be a result of stress too, I don't know. I also have the feeling of bubbles popping under my skin now too. Great way to describe it.  
cup12: I had the shot on Oct. 26th and still having twitching and tingling. It has got alot better though. Just hang in there because people have been on here for awhile and alot are completely recovered it just takes awhile. And remember everyone is different I am sure size and immune system all plays a part in this. Just to let you know there is another discussion called tingling swine flu vaccine chapter 2. If you click on my name you can click on chap. 2 and it will take you there. It has more people about where you are at with this point of the reaction. One thing that I always try to remember is the word TEMPORARY! Because this reaction is temporary. That is proven with all the people that have gotten over it. Take care, Julie
This is the perfect venue to vent all of your feelings and frustrations because we have all been there.  Finding this forum helped me a lot.  Any time you post a message, know that someone is listening who has experienced the same or similar things. If you take time to read all of the posts, you will find it informative even though we are all different. I had to look for a new PCP as well.  The one who highly recommended I get the shot in the first place denied it was the vaccine and left the scene.
So I just got back from my PCP. A complete waste of time! She just sat there and stared at me as I bawled my eyes out and told me she has never heard of such a thing. I even printed out some posts from this forum to show her to prove that others were experiencing the same thing. She told me there was nothing she could do and to go back to the neurologist and she would refund me my 20$ copay...how thoughtful.  I went to the health store and got a cal/mag supplement along with a gentle detox...hope it helps!!
Francy and I have both recommended sedatives to sleep through the night. It definitely helped us both; it's hard for your body to repair itself if it doesn't get enough rest.

I would definitely recommend Vitamin b12 sublingual tablet, as well as, a Vitamin B complex. My Jan 15th posting: I wrote down what my naturopathic doctor recommended to me. If you decide to do the same regime take the PM doses with dinner or else it might energize you too much to sleep. The nutrients brought my energy and mood up.

On Tingling - Chapter Two, I explain how a friend of mine had the same symptoms as us but the one neurologist she saw said she had a "virus". She tingled off and on for 10 months but it eventually went away. This was 5 years ago so don't give up hope thinking that this is permanent. It just means you need to take optimum care of yourself and seek out therapies or ways to help yourself heal. Some people are seeing acupuncturists, chiropractors, or massage therapists, others are practicing relaxation or yoga, some are seeing holistic/naturopath doctors, most are taking nutritional supplements and eating healthy diets.

Other people have mentioned bubbles or hot-spots under the skin. My friend had the same thing too. I've read that it's nerves repairing itself...which is a good thing!!! I had digestion problems in the beginning but I did force myself to eat fruit, vegetables and soup and my appetite did come back. I also read that Cathy does juicing.

I keep reading about PCPs. Can you tell me what that is? I'm assuming it's a medical doctor but I'm not familiar with the acronym.
PCP - Primary Care Physician
Is everybody pretty confident that this is only temporary?? I'm worried.
gen49: Got it! thanks.
cup12: Yes, definitely temporary! or else something would have shown up on all those tests you had. My doc explained that it was an over-reaction of the immune system (to what in the vaccine we're unsure of) and it attacked the sensory nerve system, thankfully not the central nervous system. The sensory nerve system can repair/heal itself. But it does take time. I looked at the list of tests you had but it didn't say anything about a nerve conduction or an EMG test. Did you have one or both of those? If not, I would ask your neurologist if it should be considered.
Good to know! No I didn't have an emg bc all other tests were normal. He said I should not worry and is confident it will go away in time, however he does not think it was from the flu shot.
There you go...the neuro said not to worry and it will go away!

I didn't have that problem...both my neuro and doctor agree that it's from the vaccine.

Hello newcomer :) While I am sorry you are here, I must tell you that you are in very good company with tons of new experts on this horrendous condition.

cup12, I had EVERY symptom you had exactly the way you explained, plus numerous other symptoms. I am 6 weeks post vacc and have been posting on Ch. 2/Path to Recov. I spent 2 days in hospital getting re-hydrated, and sick as hell, with a numb tingly body that felt like it was vibrating. Was bedridden for 5 days.My symptoms hit in the exactly the same way/exact same time as you... especially the headaches/upper back/ear pain. Same stomach issues, plus serious nausea...You are not alone - many folks on this site share the same symptoms - it is all vacc related and has been diagnosed by numerous doc's as an auto immune reaction that has affected the peripheral nerves:look up neuropathy. Also, I needed sedatives to calm a constant anxiety like feeling - it is normal to have high anxiety around this illness - your nervous system is also more sensitive...

I suggest you read all the posts from the very beginning (all three chapters) you will find them informative, comforting, helpful and a solid tool for your recovery. Lots of great suggestions, dialogue, recommendations and support when we hot rock bottom (we are all in agreement that this affliction has tested our metal in ways we didn't know could be tested)

It does get a bit confusing as we are posting between Ch.2 and Path to recovery, so just go back and check them all out - you will find it very helpful.

Let us know how you are doing - the vitamins/juices/diet suggestions were super helpful.

The best medicine by far is the people - they literally saved me and my sanity.

Take care - write back,

Cathy
I am new here.  My hands are tingling like crazy --- I am so scared.... it feels like someone punched me in the right arm (not where I received my shot) --- I am calling my GP when he opens in 1/2 hour.  Please everyone - tell me I don't have gbs!!!!! I shouldnt have taken this stupid shot, but I have asthma - so I thought I was being wise --- biggest mistake in my life.
hey everyone! i am actually feeling much better today! the tingling has def gone almost completely away (hopefully im not jinxing myself).  i am left with a little prickling and some small muscle twitches but my body is def on the mend. my anxiety is way down...i only get worked up when i get my mind going! but i just keep saying TEMPORARY! u guys have def saved me sanity!! feeling a little more positive! no more flu shots for me!! :)

ps has anyone talked to their dr about any long term effects?? hope there aren't any! i'm relying on this forum for my info seeing as none of my drs will even consider this being a result of a flu shot, even tho i kno it is...i kno my own body! so glad i found you all! :)
i also have the migraine headaches now...daily! ughh exedrine helps. hopefully were getting to the end of all this....
Reenie: let us know what your GP has to say and when you got the vaccination.
just got home from school.  feel absolutly horrible.  my head is pounding and im so nauseous.  maybe i over did it.  i wish i could go back to my old, energetic 23yr old self :(
hey folks,

cup12 - yup, I have been dealing with the terrible headaches for almost 6 weeks...please try to take it easy. my doctor  was really specific about this when I went to see her a month ago - she was adamant. Alot of rest is needed to recoup and the headaches are so inflammatory - always bordering on migraines, that even regular activity can be overwhelming - you will get back to yourself. There is no rhyme or reason to the symptoms so pls don't be alarmed if anything comes back for a bit - these issues tend to come and go...also, these symptoms are written as side effects on the vacc leaflet - not sure why doc's are resistant to this - 1 in 10,000 will develop neuropathy. That's us! The tingle crew :)

reenie123: fill us in when you can (vacc date/medical opinion, etc)

I saw my doctor today: no problem re: her understanding of what happpened to me - she understands it as an auto immune neuropathic reaction to the flu shot. We discussed the philosophy of this shot and how the surrounding medical comunity is pro vacc even with folks who have auto immune illness and MS etc. They know that these reactions will occur, but feel it is better to have patients have the anti-bodies etc...

My opinion is not decided on this. Not sure what to think - as so many have been made so ill from the side effects. I will never be vaccinated for anything again. I began having muscle spasms in my cheek and jawline last night that woke me up...so painful...something new emerging at 6 weeks - seems hard to understand how this could go on for so long...I do know that 6 weeks post vacc and while no longer bed ridden and feeling much better, dealing with constant migraine-y/no appetite/sore eyes and eyeballs and now facial muscle spasms is getting tiresome. Enough already!

will write tomorrow,

C.
well, nice to find so many people with over active imaginations ( according to my doctor) as myself...ha ha..
once upon a time I could have been a male chauvinist pig, if that expression still exists?... after reading all these stories I have nothing but total admiration to everyone of you ladies (plus the few men!) for the hell and back journey many of you are yet to finish.... every one of you have "unrelated" symptoms according to my doctor... he refused to even look down when I placed printed evidence from this site right in front of him... surprise surprise?

so who am I? my name is Ronnie, and I live in Queensland Australia, 48-year-old male, was very happy with my quiet little life, until skin cancer decided to pay me a visit that is. Whilst in my doctor's office having the lesion surgically removed, (local anaesthetic) he commented that he does not see me that often and I have never had a flu shot, and now the swine flu jab was free, being winter here, strongly coerced me into having it before I left.... I am spiteful and suspicious of the medical community as a whole, these sworn oath is "cause no harm", yet they often seem to be very good at it.... please excuse the sarcasm, but a rheumatologist put me on a drug called Lyrica, which caused horrendous side-effects took nearly 2 years! to recover from! of course, as you all know, that was written off to a one in a million event, or I was making the whole thing up....
anyway, years later, I have had the same doctor for 21 years, he looked me in the eye and said "tell me honestly how many people do you know, who've died from a flu shot?" being a nonconfrontational kind of person, I relented, do I really, really have to say what happened next?  I received the swine flu jab in my left arm, then they wanted to give me the seasonal one in my right, however I refused, starting to become stressed that I even allowed them to give me swine flu one...these clinic people are great salespeople, stopped short of calling me a big girl!... to cut a ridiculously long story short, same as everybody, could not lift my left arm above my head day or so later, then nice improvement, but right on 10 days later, the fun really began..... if you have read this far, thank you, I have many things to say about this matter, some negative, but also some positive.. to be continued...
Hi Robbo748,

Nice to hear from you - but sorry you are having the same reaction that we have had to endure. It has been months for many of us. Thanks for your kind words, it has been in many ways the biggest physical challenge I have ever faced.

I can't believe your doctor would respond in that way - they have no idea how demoralizing it is to not be supported when we know for sure that the flu vacc caused our problems.

We are currently posting on  Chapter 2 Tingling after the swine flu  and don't really use this forum anymore.

Please join us there for support and friendship.

Cathy