Immunization & Vaccine Community
Travel/work with children in Romania

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Travel/work with children in Romania

My 19 year old daughter has been accepted to work in an orphanage in Romania.  What vaccine's does she need to take prior to leaving Canada?
If I were her, I would call the orphanage. I know when I got my job here in Canada (at a dayare centre), I had to make sure I got a TB test, a blood test(testing for chicken pox and a couple other things), I had to get a tetanus shot because it was around that time to renew it, but they required it.

It's best to call the city and see what they require then call the orphanage directly and see what they require to be on the safe side and so she can get started right away!